Where do I go from here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do I go from here?

A week ago they put me into the hospital for IV solu-medrol bolus treatment; I have been out since Saturday evening. Two days left on my Prednisone taper. Trying to do things until I get tired then I nap/regroup. Husband cannot cope with this. Friends at work are supportive. I am not sure what happens next.

I am supposed to be off until April 15th so I am hoping that the neurologist will be satisfied with my recuperation and let me go back to work.

My mind was filled with a flurry of questions throughout this past week but now I am patiently waiting for Dr. G's input and direction. The stubbornness that I have used to keep myself afloat through the difficult times in life is not helping me now. My body will not respond to my need to move forward. Yes, I can walk but I cannot push forward through the exhaustion as I will need to do. Heck, I could not even open a jar of relish today. I have to wait until I am more rested or something for this to improve.

Well, I am heading to our trailer in Florida to rest and recoup for a week. No way I can drive; thank goodness for cheap flights.

The beach gives me such comfort; I need the peace just now. Just to see the ocean and remember that I am only one grain of sand in the overall picture. God will not forsake me; he did not bring me to this point in my life to drop me on my head. Sign me, Living Simply in Small Town America,
    Living Simply in Small Town America

Have fun but don't get overheated!!

Comment

Frustration comes from non-acceptance! Note that I'm speaking to myself at the same time! We can't change what MS is doing to our bodies, yet the mind still wants control. If we keep our minds occupied with other thoughts, or meditation, it makes the adjustment to a new "normal", it makes it easier.

Your being kind to yourself by taking a holiday, enjoy it. Find pleasure in the good things.

Ohhh, to be by the ocean!

Sign me Frozen In Canada!

Enjoy the rest!
      When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Me too!!

Carol E, I know what you mean,, I'm there too was diagnosed 12/11/12 with the big MS!! I have had 4 Tysabri treatments and will get another on Tuesday. I had ad three rounds of solmedrol didn't work then started Acthar is suppose to be the miracle drug to get me out of relapse 10 days 90,000 insurance paid (really) crazy prices. My doctors said it is the things you can't see that it helps with lesions I have 12 between my brain and spine!! It did help so but the exhaustion is awful went to grocery store this week and half way thru I was exhausted how will I do this with 3 kids haven't worked since December how can we live with one income! Please share my husband can't deal and is so exhausted as well as my family from helping out!! Please tell me there is light at the end of the tunnel?

Comment

You never know what will happen, so just hope for a good day for starters. Sorry. MS is not good.

Comment

No it's not!!! But my best friend has had it for 14 yrs no relapse,, wish I was that lucky

Comment

Working...
            X