Hot spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot spots

So I have had numb, tingling and burning legs for months now but starting yesterday my hands, lips and a spot on my chin and one above my eyebrow are extremely tingling and burning so bad like there on fire.
    I've never had this before and I tried putting my hands in cool water only to intensify the burning.
    Can anyone tell me what I should do and wondering if I should go to ER?
    P.S I've also been sick lately with a horrible cough

This is what I can the icy/hot symptom. I hate it! It is yet another sensory symptom. I would call your neurologist about it and the other symptoms you are having. I do not know if you are diagnosed or not. If you are, they will probably give you some IVSM.

Going to the ER will most likely not help you unless you live in Canada where the ER seems to help people with MS more than here in the US.

Call your neuro, or go to the ER, whichever you decide.

Good luck. Just know the Hot feeling is no more dangerous than the numbness. It doesn't help to place cool things on it, believe me I have tried, like you it just gets hotter.

Hope you feel better soon!

Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

The important thing is to try to find out what is causing it.
      It could be diabetes. It coud be M.S. It could be spinal stenosis (blockage in the spine). All tease conditions could cause the numbness and tingling, so it is best to get a diagnosis.

After you find out what it is, they can correct things.
      A spine operation may cure the tingling. IF it is MS, maybe the MS medications may help. If it is diabetes, keep your blood sugar controlled. For some people, a drug called Lyrica or Neuronitin helps. Both cause weight gain.
      I try not to take these meds, but I can see how it works.

Comment

Still burning

Ok so it's been 5 days and I never went to the ER but put a message into neuro

My lips and face are a little better but my stupid hands still burn and its weird water and now even my sheets on them increase the burning is that common?

Also I've noticed even the sun shining through my car window
        Increases the burning , has anyone had that before?

Neuro office called and said he'd see me tomorrow so hope he can help me with this

Comment

Working...
        X