Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st time out since 3/7 - holy moly what was I thinking??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st time out since 3/7 - holy moly what was I thinking??

Went out to dinner with my boyfriend tonight and then we went to khols ... (I did not bring my walker or cane - I think that this is the denial part)...

At Khols I did use the cart to push to help me stay steady -

can you say OUCHIE???

What was I thinking ... after about 30 mins at Khols I was DONE ... now my whole right leg is in pain from HIP to top of my foot ....

I am going to get stronger right??

I got the steroids 3/8, 3/9, 3/10, 3/11, 3/12 ... how long do they really stay in my system?

Friday I puked 5 times in 2 hours ... tummy buy or related to this exacerbation??
    Jan 2012 - Onset of ON
    Feb 2013 - 2nd DX of ON
    March 2013 - 5 days IV steroids
    April 2013 - 5 days IV steroids
    June 5, 2013 - DX of RMMS

Steroids

I have only had the steroid treatment twice. If I understand it correctly, what it does is shut down your immune system. This stops it from attacking your body. This also makes you prone to other possible infections, such as a cold or flu.
    I think, that this stuff only stays in your system while it is being injected. I have not had a huge issue with the come down, but read that some people do.
    hope this helps

Comment

IVSM stays in your system for approximately 4-6 weeks. It does decrease your immune function making you more susceptible to viruses and bacteria. It sounds like you either had a little virus, or some sort of food poisoning. I am sorry you were so sick. It was most likely not the steroids, or it would have happened every day you received them.

Hope you are feeling better
      Lisa
      Moderation Team
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by 22cyclist View Post
        IVSM stays in your system for approximately 4-6 weeks. It does decrease your immune function making you more susceptible to viruses and bacteria. It sounds like you either had a little virus, or some sort of food poisoning. I am sorry you were so sick. It was most likely not the steroids, or it would have happened every day you received them.

Hope you are feeling better
        Lisa
        Moderation Team
        THANK YOU ... I FEEL fine now ... like nothing ever happened.
        Jan 2012 - Onset of ON
        Feb 2013 - 2nd DX of ON
        March 2013 - 5 days IV steroids
        April 2013 - 5 days IV steroids
        June 5, 2013 - DX of RMMS

Comment

Working...
        X