Ready to move...but no home to go to!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready to move...but no home to go to!

We were supposed to move into a mobile home that would be made handicapped accessible.

Hubby packed up most of the house.

We haven't heard from our neighbors, who were buying the house to rent to us. They're not returning calls or e-mails and ignoring hubby when they see him outside. They hurry back into their house.

We're thinking they probably decided at the last minute to purchase it for their 18 year old daughter but don't know how to tell us.

So now we're mostly packed and no home to move too. Seems I'll be stuck in the upstairs of my house for a while yet. The same upstairs that was deemed unsafe for me by the CCAC.
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Uggggg Carole so sorry I'm sure that's very frustrating
    Them ignoring you guys probably is not a good thing so I know it will be hard to swallow but everything happens for a reason so ill pray for light at the end of the tunnel for you both
    Again very sorry hang in there
    LeAnn

Comment

Carole, I don't know what to say except I'm sorry it worked out like that. Hope everything works out in the long run. Take care Dale
      Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Thank you both!

LeAnn, could you also pray that the light at the end of the tunnel is not a train! lol!

Comment

Sorry Carole.
          Sometimes you have to just depend on yourself.
          You are probably right. They changed their minds and don't know how to tell you.

I would have your husband move your bed and other things downstairs.
          This way, you will be comfortable, and you won't injure his back.
          I should know, I helped my FIL with a stroke for about 12 years. I know have severe back problems.

I know that the downstairs is for entertaining, but maybe it needs to be where you live for now.

There are other mobile homes. Check on the internet.

Good Luck

Comment

Geez Carole, you just can't seem to get a break! It wasn't meant to be, but I know that doesn't help right now. I hope you find somewhere soon, it's the very least you deserve.
            Jen
            RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
            "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Thank You, It is depressing! I've have my granddaughter (6)stay with me for 3 days. She kept my mind busy.

My daughter is looking to see if she could make arrangements to get the home and I would make the payments. My fingers are crossed.

Suzic, I have no bathroom downstairs so it's not an option.

Comment

Hi Carole,
                I was worried about you.
                I am glad that you are looking.
                Do you rent your house?
                If so, I definitely would move if there was no bathroom downstairs.
                Our house has a full bathroom with a shower.
                I can put a shower chair in there if I need it.

Sometimes, someone doesn't need their motor home anymore and is willing to leave it.
                The problem with most motor homes is that you have to pay rent on the land it sits on.
                Our relatives had one, and they had to pay $700.00 a month for the land only. It started out at $150.00 a month, and gradually went up every year.
                Maybe a small one story apartment (one bedroom and bath) is a good option also. Just get the one on the first floor.

Good Luck!

Comment

Glad to hear that your daughter can help look. Good luck - I'm sure you'll find something soon.
                  Take care,
                  swingingwillow
                  Limbo lander on hold with a fast busy signal...

Comment

I hope you find a place. We are looking for a mobile home too but cannot get a loan right now. I have a hard time getting to the basement to do laundry here, we are renting this house.
                    Good luck and keep checking craigslist Sometimes they rent mobile homes with option to buy.

Comment

Treading water here but there is always HOPE!

Often when one door closes, another even BETTER one (you were not expecting) opens! Lets hope that is the case.

Good luck and prayers......

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

And sometimes you have to be creative, think outside the box.

Who knows, it may be a window that opens instead of a door!
                        M.
                        A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

Maitrimama,

My window seems to be a peephole!

Gomer, You're right!

I always think that things happen for a reason. The trick for me is to get out of the way, and stop trying to figure out what the reason is.

Whatever happens is for the best... whatever the best may be!

Comment

Good luck Carol

I live in a mobile home and in some cases it is a good deal. Yes the rent for the property is close to 500 a month, but in my case is cheaper than apt. rent. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                            X