waiting some more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

waiting some more

Well, I finally got my referral to the UofMichigan neurology department. Of course it isn't until July!!!!

I don't understand this sometimes. If the best thing is getting treatment early, why does it take so long to get in?

Meanwhile I'm just getting worse. Having what I'm guessing is pseudobulbar affect. More spasticity, etc, etc. And nowhere to go. Neuro wrote me off, primary is good but not a neuro and is just treating me with muscle relaxers.

Sometimes, this is just maddening. I know I am sick. MS seems the most likely culprit. And I feel like no one cares and they are all just letting me get worse. Because after all, at the end of the day they go home and live their life and don't give me another thought. While I go home and try to function and take care of my kids while I keep getting worse.

Wendy, I feel bad for you having to go through this. It seems to be the rule rather than the exception. Could call the UofM neurology dept. and be put on a cancellation list? Hope you get the answers you need soon. Dale
    Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Wendy, you might also want to ask your PCP to write you a referral and prescription to see a physical therapist for the spasticity. Stretching can go a long way in helping the pain and the spasticity itself while you are waiting. I agree with Dale, try to get on a waiting list for cancellations.

Sorry about the wait, and sorry you are feeling so bad.

Lisa
      Moderation Team
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

You are not alone!! I've been waiting over 2 years and I was so close and then the darn neuro denied my case. I have another doctor who is trying to get me in somewhere else. I have a loooong list of symptoms, can't work, totally disabled but all the doctors I have seen seem to think I am fine except for a neurosurgeon I saw last November who is convinced that it is MS. I should have news good or bad in a week. I have had been through some stuff, you should see my other posts, I bet we have a lot in common. It is such a shame that getting diagnosed usually takes so long while in the mean time we are just getting worse.

Comment

Working...
        X