• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Newbies Lounge, Check-in Mar 10 '13

Welcome to.......Newbies Lounge
    a special weekly thread & haven for our family of newbies Dx'd w/MS and
    newbies at heart, or just want to help.

Being a newbie can be just as scary and lonely as being in limbo. When I first got my formal MS dx, I felt lost, alone and tossed into a sea of hungry sharks.

Take a well deserved break from your travels on the MSuper highway,(exit Rest Area 51) pull into a nice cozy shady parking spot, Unwind in our Newbies Lounge, pitch a tent or just lay out a blanket and enjoy the crisp cool fresh air. Help yourself to fresh Cider and donuts. The camp fire is roaring in the open pit ready for hot dogs, marshmallows and smore's Feel free to share your ideas, experiences and support to your fellow newbies. Relax, you are among friends, friends that understand. We have a virtual soap box, feel free to vent anytime.

W
    e have fresh cookies, brownies (big Chocoholic here) and red velvet brownies etc Free for all, just follow the fresh aroma.

PLEASE.... Let US know how YOU, a member of our MS newbies family is doing.

Have a QUESTION? Please don't be shy........
    The only dumb stupid question........is the one NOT asked.

How was your Week?

Any Dr. apts tests etc coming up?

Now Y'all B good and don't 4get 2 Check IN,
    we miss or MsIA
    s!

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot
    Moderator: this replaces the previous sticky, thanks.

We need this thread moved

to replace the old/last weeks thread..

thank you, see the generic moderator note/reminder in the original post....

THANK YOU

Comment

After 25 hrs. of labor Dave has a new grandson !

In Orlando with dau. & son_in_law. Dau.gave in for nat. Childbirth.Baby was in distress as well as all of us. C-sect. Baby pink and healthy as are the rest of us. That's second grandchild.
      Miss all of you.
      Take care of your'selves.
      Dave
      "Journeyman"

Comment

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations journeyman! Papa Dave! Glad that things turned out fantastic. Congratulations to the whole family!
        When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Journeyman

Congratulations Grandpa Dave glad all went well

So boy or girl ??? didn't say in your post.

Hope you are feeling better and not on a relapse and pains are getting less frequent.

All the best to you and your family and the new edition.!!!

Love and hugs Min

Comment

I am back in Tampa, Grandma stayed.

We must have blew out of here in a rush. Coffee still in pot with green fur etc.

My second grandson's name is Quade. He was 8.6 #.

Cog/Fog, short term memory is all still pretty massive at this time and rt. hip and rt. leg still very spastic. I have been dipping into my Oxycodone, one tab in the AM. to be able to do my stretch out which helps lots. Then one tab at bed time to be able to sleep through my "contractions."

I can take two more often so I am not worried. The rest of the time I found out Aspirin helps best in-between. I was able to get a Neuro appt. from a cancellation but that was the day Quade arrived...so had to cancel... dang... but baby
            Quade was more important.

All are fine and things are settling in back into a routine. Family is leaving to go back to Dallas tomorrow. Today is beach day for TX. grandson.

Will be all alone tomorrow...yay ....Deb coming home on Sunday and other Grandmother taking over.

Thanks for all the congrats from my other family.
            Dave.
            "Journeyman"

Comment

Log-In Problems

..yet again.....

Hey I at last got IN!

Congrats Quade Gramps.

Anywho who would NOT be tired & stressed after 25 hrs of Delivery Olympics?

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Journeyman

Got it all wrong didn't I you did state you had a grandson, MS Grrrrrrrrrr.

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain, but glad you have some pain killers that help.

Hoping this will not last too long and you go in remission soon.

Min

Comment

You're right MIN

But now I have two grandsons. One from each of my kids. The new one is called Quade and the four-old is named Jakob. Twice blessed.

With my dau., son-in-law and Quade are now home. Dau. nursing C-section stitches. I am in Tampa and my Wife is in Orlando helping my dau's family adjust to new home life for a couple of days until they can get the hang of it. My son and family driving back to Dallas. All is very quiet here on the homefront.

My rt. leg spastic pain was so bad I couldn't walk this AM. I anticipated this and bought a second hand wheel chair last week. I gave my first one away as I didn't expect to need it again...Duh.

I am getting some low grade spasm across the spine and in my lt. leg now. My lt. leg is feeling like my rt. leg when it first started. Come on Remission !!! I have RRMS and my relapses last three to six months. Right now I am into it for 2 1/2 months. So... Hopefully the Neuro. can give me one of two possible drugs on the market that I have found in my e-research.

One will probably be ruled out as I have had a silent stroke and seizures that are quiet now. It is contraindicated in both of those cases.

Thank you for all your support and suggestions. I try to come her to help others but when you have RRMS you never know when you will need your friends support to get you through the day. Thanks so much.

Gomer - I was in Orlando "Much" longer than I anticipated with my dau's. extended labor and C-section. I heard the call on the machine when I got home. I will try to call you back soon. Take care buddy.
                  Dave
                  "Journeyman" 80 degrees.

Comment

Working...
                  X