Dr. Monster follow-up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Monster follow-up!

I just received a call from a local hospital telling me that Dr. Monster has requested a Head and Neck MRI.

I informed them that I had an MRI 2 weeks ago but not of my neck. I was told that it didn't matter.

She specified Head and Neck! So I have an appointment tomorrow night 10:40 pm!!!

I guess I'll be getting a follow-up appointment with her. I just may have to change her name. Depending on her manners that is!
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

That's good news Carole!! Let's hope something more can be revealed about this wonderful mystery...

If all turns out to your satisfaction, you might consider a change in the name to Dr. Thorough --- well, maybe!?

Good luck and keep us informed
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

If your doctor needs to have MRI's for a better dx, you have to do them. I did about 4 MRI's, one with a contrast agent (gadolinium). I was told that if these were 'good enough' for the doctor to give me a definite dx, there is no need for an LP, which I did not want to do.
      Be your own advocate. Good luck

Comment

Seesha,

I'm hoping my appointment with her will inspire me to re-baptize her!

Jerry,

I'm not scared of the LP so if they want to do one they have my blessings. A little pain in exchange for a diagnosis is ok with me.

Honestly, after 2 years I'm ready to do anything to get answers.
        When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

CaroleL,

I don't know if you had "MRI contrast" with your first MRI, but if you did NOT, Dr. Monstr probably wants you to have one WITH it, since it will "light up" any MS lesions. As far as the "neck MRI", I have NO idea why she is ordering that. Personally, I have ABSOLUTELY no idea why that is being done. Perhaps others can shed light on THEIR ideas why.

Hugs and positive vibes to you!!
          Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Working...
          X