Starting to think it could be MS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting to think it could be MS.

The bathroom has been my issue since 12 years old.
    I've had pelvic muscle problems like you wouldnt believe.

I am now 20, and my pelvic muscles aren't getting better. They are very tense, very tight, and it's basically as if im doing a chronic kegel. I struggle with retention, hesitancy, etc.

Well i've been searchin for an answer for a long time now. Why are my muscles this way?
    Why isnt Physical Therapy helping?

I'm starting to notice other symptoms as well though now.
    I feel as if i am no longer flexible, and i cant walk or run as far as i used to.

I feel like i get tongue tied all the time. My legs and knees hurt all the time.

My legs itch! ALL THE TIME.

and....

I get this weird sensation. It starts at my neck and goes down my spine. It's almost as if it's a shiver that won't come?
    Like it sounds weird but it's almost as if my body is building up a shiver?
    It's so annoying and sometimes i feel like i cant move on til this shiver comes.
    and then i do feel it and i Twitch!! And sometimes i have to move my neck around after the twitch to make it feel normal again.
    It's embarrasing.

It's starting to happen a lot.

Sometimes, i even think my mom has MS. She has very many medical conditions, including epilepsy. She has these episodes (rarely, but still.) where her whole body tenses up, she SCREAMS in pain, and her hands and feet go inward.

I used to think, like she does, that this is a weird form of a siezure. But reading online, that does sound like an MS attack. :/ i tell her to tell her doctor that it could be that but she hasnt had one of those in awhile so she wont tell her doctor. Idk.

And ms is hereditary right?

I wonder if i have MS sometimes. I could be just crazy.

What i'm leading up to is , i've been seeing a Urologist for my urinary problems. But what if it's MS causing it?
    Am i crazy?
    Can MS attack pelvic muscles?

If it doesnt sound like MS to you, what else can it be?
    Why are my pelvic muscles so tense, tight, unable to relax !

Hello MissChelsey and welcome to MSWorld

i even think my mom has MS. She has very many medical conditions, including epilepsy. She has these episodes (rarely, but still.) where her whole body tenses up, she SCREAMS in pain, and her hands and feet go inward.

But reading online, that does sound like an MS attack.
    I'm not sure what you think an MS attack is but that but in my unprofessional opinion that is not an attack. An attack is also referred to as an Exacerbation, Relapse, or Flare-up.

I don't know what your mother is experiencing but it would be a ggod idea if she mentioned it to her doctor.

Have you seen a GYN about your Pelvic muscle problem?

i've been seeing a Urologist for my urinary problems. But what if it's MS causing it?
    With MS the most common cause of urinary problems have to d with a Neurogenic bladder. A Urologist would be able to diagnose a Neurogenic bladder.

Hoping a doctor can find answers to your health concerns.

Best wishes!
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I would make an appointment with a neurologist who specializes in MS. That is the only way to get some answers! Be prepared that MS cannot be diagnosed in one visit. It can take months and many tests but it is the only way to find out!

((hugs))
      MS - diagnosed 2/05/2013

Comment

There are actually hundreds of different things that could be causing your problems. You really MUST be examined by a doctor or maybe many doctors to find out what's going on. Nobody over the Internet can possibly tell you what it is.

And it isn't a good idea to consult Dr. Google online and start making things up to scare yourself. It's too easy to get the wrong idea. Like about your mother. What your saying is definitely NOT an MS attack. It sounds more like seizures but she has to see a doctor about them to get them properly diagnosed. So the bottom line is for both of you to got the the doctor and SPEAK UP about what's bothering you so you can get answers and treatment. Good luck!

Comment

I would suggest that you see a neurologist and possibly your GYN. I would ask them to check your blood levels, especially vitamin D, B-12 and magnesium. I am not a doctor but there is a lot of stuff that your doctors can find from your blood panels. You need a real good and complete blood work up and also a check on your hormone levels. Good luck

Comment

Working...
          X