Hi. New here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. New here.

I am not yet diagnosed with MS, but it is strongly suspected by the doctor I have been seeing. Have had a CT scan that came back with no problems. Had an MRI this past Thursday and still awaiting results. The waiting is making me crazy! I would just really love an answer at this point... any answer really.

All started a few weeks ago when I woke up with stroke-like symptoms... numb/weak right face and arm. Excruciating pain in the right side of my neck, face, and arm. Got up the next morning after struggling for bits of sleep all night and the numbness was gone but not the pain and weakness. I assumed it was an issue with a pinched nerve in my neck so went to a chiropractor. Have cervical kyphosis from a horseback riding accident as a teen. Says the symptoms are atypical and wants me further checked. Long story short 3 doctors later and am being told it may be MS.

Have been having some symptoms off and on for years but never put 2 and 2 together. No MS in my family history (that I know of as my maternal grandfather's side of the family is a complete unknown).

At this point I don't even know how a diagnosis would/could affect my life. I'm 33, have 3 small children, and am a stay-at-home mom looking to open a daycare. I feel like my life is on hold at the moment just waiting for results and to see how/if my life is about to change.

Symptoms: Crawly feeling in head, face, limbs. Weakness, numbness, burning on right arm face. Lhermitte's sign. Blurred vision/loss of vision (for moments), dizziness/imbalance.

All of these come and go and have only had the right-sided numbness/weakness the one time that I can think of... at least that severe. Many of these have gone on for years and I was ignoring or attributing them to something else. I have been diagnosed with severe Vit D deficiency about 3 years ago as well. Still hopeful the doctor is wrong, but preparing for him to be right.

I am sorry that you are in Limbo with your MS symptoms.
    LP negative? Brain and full MRI negative?
    Just take all the tests to rule it out.
    If they can not say that yo have MS, look for other reasons why you are experiencing these troubling symptoms.
    Be agressive!

I am still in "Limbo." My last tests are the spine MRI's and brain MRI.

I don't want to take the MS drugs unless they can prove to me that I have MS.

On the other hand, MS is a clinical diagnosis.
    We will see....

Good Luck.

Comment

Hello and Welcome jellybear!

I hope you find some answers soon. In the meantime, were all here to support each other! Hugs!
      When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Jellybear, I and most of the people on this forum have been right where you are an understand what your going through. Do you best to relax until you have more information. This is a hard time to deal with so come here for support and information. Your not alone. Take care Dale
        Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

welcome Jellybear hopefully you will get some news soon

Comment

Working...
          X