Received MRI report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received MRI report

Hi all. I just got the report online from my MRI, and was wondering if anyone could help me to understand what it means or if anything it says could be related to MS or if its something else entirely. It talks about ventricles being enlarged for age .... I'm 46.

This is what it says:

The lateral and third ventricles are enlarged for age. There is NO evidence of associated transependymal fluid migration. The fourth ventricle appears normal. The suggest the possibility of obstruction at the aqueduct of Sylvius.

NO mass or other space occupying abnormality at the aqueduct is demonstrated.There are bilateral hemispheric white matter foci of T2 hyperintensity involving subcortical and periventricular white matter. These do NOT exhibit mass effect, evidence of hemorrhage, diffusion restriction or abnormal enhancement.

Appearance is most suggestive of chronic small vessel disease although, again, somewhat prominent for age. Examination appears otherwise normal. NO other congenital malformation or abnormality is demonstrated. Craniocervical junction appears normal. NO other cranial space-occupying abnormality is demonstrated. NO other abnormal enhancement is demonstrated. There is NO evidence of ischemia on diffusion-weighted sequences.

ImpressionEnlarged ventricles, suggesting fixed or functional obstructing abnormality at the aqueduct level. Nonspecific hemispheric white matter signal intensity pattern changes, likely related to small vessel disease.

I know my doctor will go over these with me when I eventually see her, but just thought I'd check to see if any of this sounds MS related or not.

Thanks!

Hi GrannyKay,

The MRI report does not sound like MS. If MS was suspected by MRI/Radiologist the "impression" section would have Demyelinating Disease or demyelination.

This is only my impression of what you have written. Your Doctor is the best person to explain the MRI findings.

Best wishes!
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by GrannyKay View Post
      Hi all. I just got the report online from my MRI, and was wondering if anyone could help me to understand what it means or if anything it says could be related to MS or if its something else entirely. It talks about ventricles being enlarged for age .... I'm 46.

This is what it says:

The lateral and third ventricles are enlarged for age. There is NO evidence of associated transependymal fluid migration. The fourth ventricle appears normal. The suggest the possibility of obstruction at the aqueduct of Sylvius.

NO mass or other space occupying abnormality at the aqueduct is demonstrated.There are bilateral hemispheric white matter foci of T2 hyperintensity involving subcortical and periventricular white matter. These do NOT exhibit mass effect, evidence of hemorrhage, diffusion restriction or abnormal enhancement.

Appearance is most suggestive of chronic small vessel disease although, again, somewhat prominent for age. Examination appears otherwise normal. NO other congenital malformation or abnormality is demonstrated. Craniocervical junction appears normal. NO other cranial space-occupying abnormality is demonstrated. NO other abnormal enhancement is demonstrated. There is NO evidence of ischemia on diffusion-weighted sequences.

ImpressionEnlarged ventricles, suggesting fixed or functional obstructing abnormality at the aqueduct level. Nonspecific hemispheric white matter signal intensity pattern changes, likely related to small vessel disease.

I know my doctor will go over these with me when I eventually see her, but just thought I'd check to see if any of this sounds MS related or not.

Thanks!
      Hmm, not sure, GrannyKay, but I will say that my MRI results came back recently and they actually said "multiple sclerosis," not just symptoms, and they named off my lesions. Reading them was rather horrifying!

I guess it could depend on the radiologist reading them, but I wouldn't worry. I think reading the darn things without a doctor to interpret them is the worst part! Best wishes.

Comment

thank you all.

I'm waiting on a call back from my neuro because I have been unable to shake this headache and now I've got gastro issues giving me problems as well. I'm pretty miserable!

Will let you know how it goes.

Comment

Hi GrannyKay,

I don't have much to add but I just wanted you to know that I understand your frustration. It's difficult having to wait when your mind wants answers right away.

Having stomach issues added to this is certainly unpleasant. I hope you get answers soon.

HUGS!!!
          When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Working...
          X