Finally got my MRI!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got my MRI!!!

I had an appointment for my MRI this morning. Yes, on a Sunday morning! It was done at the Children's hospital. They take adults nights and weekends when there is too much demand in other hospitals.

The technician assured me that the brain MRI also included the brain stem. She told me the images came out very clear. I was surprised because I kept having ticks. Thankfully my head had been stabilized.

Living out in the countryside, a trip to the city was an event for me. Actually, anytime I get out is an event. I'm usually confined to the upstairs of my tiny abode.

We stopped at a McDon's for breakfast. I'm getting settled in my seat, jiggling around to get comfy while I eat, and just then...I pooped myself!!!!

The 1/2 hour stinky ride home was uneventful. Hubby carrying me up the stairs was anxious to "deposit me". So now I'm back, a little more humble, to my tiny humble abode.

I'll be waiting anxiously, anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks for my results.
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Good news that you finally got your head MRI, but well, not so good news from the other end

Stuff happens, ya know!

Hang in there Carole, 2 days/2 weeks - it'll go by fast.
    Take care now
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

CarolL great news about the MRI, as for the rest don't worry about it the same thing has happened to me. Best wishes Dale
      Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Glad you got your MRI. Do you still have to see that nasty neuro when your results come back?

As for the other issue, I'd blame the McDonald's breakfast!
        Jen
        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Awesome and about time. Too bad about the ride home though. {{hugs}}

I know you'll keep us updated.

Comment

CatMom, I have an appointment with Dr. Monster on Thursday. Because I haven't yet heard about the MS clinic, I'll be going to see her... With hubby!

I figure the sooner I get to see any neurologist, the sooner ill get proper care.

As for the other issue, lol, I hadn't eaten yet! I've had a few more such episodes last night and today. I love my hubby! Lol, poor guy!
            When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Your hubby/bodyguard sounds awesome! I hope Dr. Monster is a bit less, well... monstrous. You seem like such an upbeat lady, despite everything that is ailing you, and deserve to be treated as such. Maybe your MRI results will be available and you can get some answers...
              Jen
              RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
              "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I, too, hope your MRI results come back quickly, even if you have to discuss them with Dr Monster. Hopefully a better "bedside" manner will take place.

Comment

Working...
                X