• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ MS Newbies Lounge, Feb 17, 2013

Welcome to.......Newbies Lounge
    a special weekly thread & haven for our family of newbies Dx'd w/MS and
    newbies at heart, or just want to help.

Being a newbie can be just as scary and lonely as being in limbo. When I first got my formal MS dx, I felt lost, alone and tossed into a sea of hungry sharks.

Take a well deserved break from your travels on the MSuper highway,(exit Rest Area 51) pull into a nice cozy shady parking spot, Unwind in our Newbies Lounge, pitch a tent or just lay out a blanket and enjoy the crisp cool fresh air. Help yourself to fresh Cider and donuts. The camp fire is roaring in the open pit ready for hot dogs, marshmallows and smore's Feel free to share your ideas, experiences and support to your fellow newbies. Relax, you are among friends, friends that understand. We have a virtual soap box, feel free to vent anytime.

W
    e have fresh cookies,brownies (big Chocoholic here) and red velvet brownies etc Free for all, just follow the fresh aroma.

This week, I need to get labs done for my PCP and see my cardiologist.

PLEASE.... Let US know how YOU, a member of our MS newbies family is doing.

Have a QUESTION? Please don't be shy........
    The only dumb stupid question........is the one NOT asked.

How was your Week?

Any Dr.apts tests etc coming up?

Now Y'all B good and don't 4get 2 Check IN,
    we miss or MS
    IAs!

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Moderator: this replaces the previous sticky, thanks.

Caretaker of the caretaker of the move in Dad.

Dad wanted to go back home for a month to help him make his decision of whether or not to move in.

In the mean time I came to some new conclusions. I have to take care of my caretaker. It would be a lot more stress on my wife to have him here. It would me a lot more problems to have him here. I have to think of my MS also. Plus he doesn't want us to move to GA when we retire. So...

I decided we were important to, (got a new grandson coming in a week) and our retirement plans are very important. I decided to tell him he needs to stay at his place or go to an extended care facility near here. But our lives need to be considered also.

New major stressor. I just found my best friend from H.S. Unfortunately he was involved with agent orange and has cancer in every organ and only has six months to a year to live. His family refuses to take him to by a funeral suit. They tell him he is going to get better. DENIAL. I offered to help him since I am more familiar with cancer and dying. I pray that I won't cry while trying to help him. The draft was after us both and after a drunken party in first year of college we both decided to pick our service before being grabbed by the draft. This is going to be tough but he and I dated a lot of the same girls and had many surfing adventures together. It's one of those things..."But for the grace of God there go I."

Dave
    "Journeyman"

Comment

I'm happy you've made your decision Journeyman! I think it's a great one!

I'm so sorry about your friend. Its nice of you to be there for him, and I'm sure he appreciates it! It'll also give you both time to reminisce on your past sins! Lol!

You'll get to spend quality time together. Enjoy those moments. Hugs!
      When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

I thought this was going to be a fairly quiet week...

What I get for THINKing....ha ha.

MS neuro apt thurs and now I see my reg eye doc Fri.. No sleeping in late those days, morning apts.

Our dog had been sick for a spell. She got sick after my bout a couple weeks ago. Wondering it the oatmeal bars were a part of it? I gave her some as a snack after I quit eatig them. Anywho, Sadies is doing much better now...eating regular food...dog food that is.

Jman..hope all gets sorted out for you and yours. When I lived in Orlando my barber (boot cam same place/time) came down with cancer. He lost his battle as well, it happens. Agent ORAMGE caused a lot of nasty stuff.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

I feel ya Gomer! I had an MRI appt on Sunday morning, doctor tomorrow pm, home care worker on Wednesday, Neuro on Thursday and eye doc on Friday.

It'll be a busy week. Thank God I have afternoon appointments. I don't do mornings! . My mornings consist of coffee, more coffee, and getting rid of the cobwebs on my brain, if possible!
          When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Dad****

I have been thinking about telling my Dad that I didn't think it was a good idea with him coming here. I have been sick since Monday with anxiety trying to think of a way to tell him.

Finally about an hour ago I finally decided I had to get this over with.

We chit/chatted for few minutes and I asked him how he was feeling. He said, "Great. It's so good to be back in my own home and my own routine. I didn't know how to tell you this but I don't think it's a good idea for me to come down there with you until I really need it. Right now I am just happy to be in my own home."

He hates medicine, Dr.s and pills. But I got him on Vit. D and B-12. He said he felt so much better and he had much more strength. He is now taking him on his own. Yay.

Sometimes we worry so much about things that are already taken care of. Hallelujah
            Dave, Tampa, FL
            "Journeyman"

Comment

Working...
            X