what do lesions look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do lesions look like?

Had my mri today and got the disk. I can't post from my tablet. I may try to use another computer tomorrow. All I can tell is that there is a lot of white. Not really circular but more like streaks. Any thoughts?

MS lesions look like big ovoid spots. Some can be smaller, but they have a classic ovoid look. get the report so you can see what the radiologist says. It is very tough to try to gleen any answers from an MRI unless you are used to looking at them.
    This is because each technique is different.

good luck and don't worry until you get the report.

Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

You cant post pictures on this site even with a computer.

Comment

Thank you. Right now I am struggling with what I want to find out. I know that is futile as I cannot control it. I guess what I mean is this: If the mri is clean, I know that is good news but then why do I have all this stuff going on and what is it? On the other hand, if it shows lesions, I have that to deal with. I know it sounds insane but I lean toward wanting it to show SOMETHING just so maybe I have an answer. The not knowing and understanding is exhausting in itself.

Comment

Real Estate lesson for teach;

Ever hear the term Location Location Location?

It is more than JUST lesions, a very important aspect is WHERE the lesions are, and shape. I have tons of of Dawson's Fingers...you can google it and if you add pictures you wil also find samples of MRI's images online. There are other MS type lesions as well, so you might want to google MRI images MS (or multiple sclerosis) lesions.

Hope this helps...& good luck getting answers

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

You can search online for pictures of of MS MRIs. What I've found from being on MS board for the last 10 years is that a lot of people freak themselves out about their MRIs because they think that everything that looks lit up is a lesion and everything that looks dark is a black hole. Most of what they're freaking out about is normal parts of the brain. Different parts look light or dark depending on what kind of MRI it is. Streaks aren't MS lesions and anything on the outside part of the brain isn't MS lesions. The waiting is unbearable but its best just to wait until you can read the report and go over your MRI with your doctor.

Comment

I have been looking around online which I know seems silly but I am so anxious. The one thing that does seem to stand out is Dawson's fingers (gomer). Also, I have this really large thing that sort of looks like a deformed butterfly. I don't know lol! But I can't help but look!

Comment

That deformed butterfly sounds like your ventricles. Everybody has them. See what I mean about looking at normal brain parts?

Comment

Yea lol! I am putting it away and getting on with my weekend!

Comment

Just think about it, MS or not we ALL have butterflys upstairs........ha ha

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Good thing I teach first grade and not anatomy huh?

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Working...
                        X