MRI: brain without contrast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MRI: brain without contrast

Is this where they usually start? I wasn't sure exactly what was ordered until I spoke to my insurance.

I'm surprised they're not doing it with contrast. If they inject contrast, they can see if you've got active lesions. Any lesions will still show up on the MRI without contrast though, so it'll show your dr a pretty good picture of what's been going on.
    Diagnosed 1/4/13
    Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Comment

My first was without contrast. All others have been with both. I believe that insurance can say no to contrast unless they know what they are looking for or something like that. Without will still show lesions, like lstrl said, just not any active ones.

Do you happen to know the image strength? Mine are all done (now) on a T3.

Comment

I will ask the strength when I go as well as for a CD. All things I learned from you guys. Thanks!

Comment

A CD will not do you a great deal of good. Except to take to your doc. Call the next day, and Ask for your radiology report of your MRI. Read the IMPRESSION section, and that will tell you which way the radiologist is leaning. If it refers to demyelination or says consistent with MS you will know you are on the right track. Otherwise, you may Ned more info.

Lisa
          Moderation Team
          Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
          SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
          Tysabri

Comment

Working...
          X