question about getting MRI results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about getting MRI results

My MRI has been set for Wednesday, but I can't get into neuro until March. That doesn't bother me that much IF I can get some initial results from my GP in the meantime. Is that a possibility? Should he be able to at least give me some idea as to what the MRI shows? I don't think I can wait a month for at least SOME idea of results. How does this usually work?

You can get the results yourself. Just ask for a copy of the report a day after you have your MRI done. You can go pick it up where you had your MRI done. It will tell you under the IMPRESSION what the radiologist saw on your MRI. If they thought it had anything like MS, it will say consistent with MS.

That is the easiest thing to do. If you want then you can take it to your PCP to explain it to you.

Take care.
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

I would do as Lisa suggested and pick up a copy of the report the next day. Since you're not seeing the neuro until March, I bet your dr will call you anyway after he gets the results. Most times I've ever had a test done, my dr called me to tell me the results (except for my MRIs that lead to MS diagnosis, then they called me and said come in the next morning). If yours doesn't, I'm sure you could always call and inquire about the results if there's something you don't understand. The ordering dr gets the results very quickly after being read by a radiologist.
      Diagnosed 1/4/13
      Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Comment

ALWAYS....

get a copy of your films, reports, blood work...everything! Take them with you whenever you have a dr. appt. With MRIs, it's been my experience that radiologists only send the report to the doctors and not the actual films. You go to the dr. appt and they want the films so they can see for themselves. You can ask for copies BEFORE you have the MRI and they'll burn a CD for you. Good Luck!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X