had me neuro appt :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

had me neuro appt :(

Well, I had my appointment with the neurologist. Not the news I was hoping for. The MRI came back clear, we did the brain and t-spine with contrast. The blood work came back ok as well, including the vitamins for the second time.
    The neurologist said he didn't know what to do, and he said the a LP wasn't needed since everything else came back fine. So we talked again about the symptoms, vision changes, bladder urgency, spasticity, weakness on left side, pain, fatigue, and tingling.
    He did a neuro exam again, it was worse then last time, hyperreflexia, bilateral babinski, and clonus. The first words out of his mouth was that we need to do the LP. We talked about ways to help avoid a spinal headache, and we explained what the LP would hopefully show.
    So, still hanging out in limbo

So sorry to hear you're still in limbo! I can only imagine how hard that is with the added stress of the physical demands of caring for your son. One of my best friends has an 8yo son with a rare chromosomal abnormality & although I cannot possibly truly appreciate the depth of it all, I have seen first-hand how much it takes to care for someone with needs like his. In my opinion, doing that while dealing with your own health makes you super woman.

Anyway, I hope you get some answers from the LP. I'll be thinking of you. Do you know yet when you'll be having it?
    RRMS 1/16/13
    Ocrevus 2/19/18

Comment

bless your heart!

barbkane,
      glad you are here,
      but so sorry for the circumstances.

all those symptoms and no dx sounds crazy!!!

try not to stress too much about the LP. the dr sounds like he knows what he's doing. especially if he's actually talking it out with you AND giving you suggestions on how to minimize affect.

i've had drs. not even tell me what LP stood for, next thing i knew i was in a gown, balled up and he was performing an LP on me.

i've had so many that i can't even give you a number. the majority of them went well, with minimal problems.
      just follow their instructions, plenty of fluids day before seems to really help. (not just a bunch before the LP- you don't want to have to go potty during or right after)

my prayers will be with you. hang in there!!
      God bless ya with the correct dx and treatment!

oh! by the way, i have and have had since 2002 a clear MRIs, only had 1 vit. test but it was normal. the LP helped a lot with my MS dx. it's no fun, but very useful. take care!
      "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

I've now had two docs agree that the vitamin levels are fine as well as the stuff they did to look for mitochondrial disease.
        The crazy thing is my symptom list! It's pretty textbook for MS, including the fact that it is progressing/ having flare ups.
        I am trying to get hubby to understand, so I gave him some stuff to read. He was so funny after, he said it could have been written about me!
        Praying the LP shows something!

Comment

Working...
        X