Oh no, MRI results are in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no, MRI results are in

I saw a new neuro on 12-21 and he ordered a bunch of labs that all came back normal and he wanted a repeat MRI of my brain and c-spine. I just had the MRIs done Monday, but I wasn't supposed to see the dr until next Friday. I just got a call saying they want me to come in tomorrow morning to discuss the results.

They must have found something, or else I don't think they would have moved my appt up a week. If I wasn't already 90% sure of what I have, I'd be totally freaking out right now, but at this point, I want to give it a name so I can finally move on. I just hope there is some kind of good news to go along with these findings.
    Diagnosed 1/4/13
    Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Yeah, its generally not good news when they call you early, but it is generally decisive news, so that can be good news. If you are talking an MS diagnosis that is. Just bring somebody with you, if you want, a significant other maybe. There is a lot of information to take in on the first visit that is why, and it all tends to be a blur so another person is always helpful as they can listen while you absorb the news, whatever it is.

Best of luck!
    Let us know.
    lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Hugs to you and hopes that you at least will be leaving limboland!
      MS - diagnosed 2/05/2013

Comment

Thanks for the advice and support.

It's now official, I have MS. I've been put on steroids to hopefully help me get past this relapse right now and I'll be starting Copaxone once everything is set up. Luckily, with everything I've read about MS drugs, it was a pretty easy decision to start off with. Now it's time to move forward and stop this disease from destroying my life.
        Diagnosed 1/4/13

Comment

Sorry you had to join the club, but glad they started with Copaxone. I took that to begin with and loved it. I hardly could tell I was taking anything at all. For the burning of the injections, listen to the injection nurse and try the ice or the heat, whichever works for you. Also, try heat before you inject if that helps too. For the most part it just stings like a bee for a few seconds and thats the biggest complaint. However, there are things you can do to alleviate that, just listen to the nurse. There are practically no other side effects though. The only time I got the immediate injection reaction was when I didn't let the medication warm up after I took it out of the refrigerator. That was my fault.

It can stay out for up to one month so I don't know what my issue was???? Slowness of mind perhaps. Anyway, good choice.

So, the steroids are going to keep you awake, and maybe make you irritated; definitely make you hungry. Go to the grocery store before you start them...not during, you might buy the store out. LOL!

You seem to have a good attitude, or a shocked one...hard to tell. Maybe it is what it is. I was like that. But it will be OK. We are here for you, any questions you have, support you need.

Take care, and feel better.
          Lisa
          Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
          SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
          Tysabri

Comment

Sorry for the news but I'm glad you got answers. It's such a mix of feelings, isn't it?

Comment

Thanks, I really appreciate any advice I can get. The thought of giving myself injections does freak me out, but I figure if I'm doing it daily, I'll eventually get used to it. Diabetics do it every day, so there's no reason I can't.

Right before my legs got really bad, I bought an MS book that talks a lot about how diet can help the course of the disease. I started following it and was very optimistic because I pretty much knew I'd get diagnosed and I liked the odds it sounded like I was up against if I did the diet, but when I got to where I could barely walk anymore, that's when I hit my lowest point. I think I cried all day long for an entire week straight.

Now that I've had some time for reality to set in, the diagnosis didn't get to me like it would have if I didn't have a clue what was going on. I do get upset every time I struggle getting into and out of the shower and whenever I'm climbing into a vehicle since it is now always hard, but I'm trying to stay positive because I know that's what is best for me.

I've lived with this disease for two years now (and I was well aware of that for a year of that time, even though it's just now official), and no matter how bad things got during a relapse, it always got either completely better or well enough that I'd barely notice it. I'm suffering through my worst relapse yet (since it's hard to walk, although I think my arm numbness last year was just as bad but didn't affect my mobility), but I've gotten better before so I know I can get better this time as well.

I'm going to restart my diet (that totally went out the window when I was so distressed that I wanted nothing more than for something to happen to me and put me out of my misery), so after I recover from this relapse, I figure the diet combined with the Copaxone should be able to keep me relapse free for quite a while. Then I can concentrate on living my life again instead of thinking what will happen next.
              Diagnosed 1/4/13

Comment

Well done. It's a bumpy road, but you're off to an excellent, intelligent and thoughtful start. Reading will help and so will doing all you can, which you seem to be.

Comment

Working...
                X