Patiently waiting in LIMBO...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patiently waiting in LIMBO...

I just had my appointment with a Neurologist and I am waiting to have my EMG and MRI scheduled.
    My story, or can I say symptoms....
    It started last year when my father was dying of cancer that I noticed now what I think is a symptom of MS. My head/scalp was having tingling and numbness but I disregarded due to everything going on. What brings me to this forum are other symptoms that have presented themselves in the past year. Vertigo(not spinning but a rocking/swaying motion), tingling and numbness in my right foot and leg during the day BUT in both legs at night along with a burning/itching sensation. I have had jaw pain for almost two months but the doctor said it is not TMJ. Occasional excessive saliva. Tingling in lips and nose plague me sometimes, as well along with the same feeling in my head/scalp.
    The doctor said I have symptoms of MS and wants to do an MRI. He is also concerned because I had malignant melanoma 10 years ago and that is one cancer that spreads to the brain. I am also having vision problems...when I drive the cars look as though they are crossing into my lane when I look out of my left eye. It freaks me out and is worse at night.
    I know no one here can diagnose me BUT....does it sound like MS? Has anyone of you had these symptoms prior to being diagnosed? I am not freaking out, I will accept my diagnosis if I do have MS and move on in life raising my daughter as a single parent.
    Thanks to all reading this!

Originally posted by mazzy1972 View Post
    I just had my appointment with a Neurologist and I am waiting to have my EMG and MRI scheduled.
    My story, or can I say symptoms....
    It started last year when my father was dying of cancer that I noticed now what I think is a symptom of MS. My head/scalp was having tingling and numbness but I disregarded due to everything going on. What brings me to this forum are other symptoms that have presented themselves in the past year. Vertigo(not spinning but a rocking/swaying motion), tingling and numbness in my right foot and leg during the day BUT in both legs at night along with a burning/itching sensation. I have had jaw pain for almost two months but the doctor said it is not TMJ. Occasional excessive saliva. Tingling in lips and nose plague me sometimes, as well along with the same feeling in my head/scalp.
    The doctor said I have symptoms of MS and wants to do an MRI. He is also concerned because I had malignant melanoma 10 years ago and that is one cancer that spreads to the brain. I am also having vision problems...when I drive the cars look as though they are crossing into my lane when I look out of my left eye. It freaks me out and is worse at night.
    I know no one here can diagnose me BUT....does it sound like MS? Has anyone of you had these symptoms prior to being diagnosed? I am not freaking out, I will accept my diagnosis if I do have MS and move on in life raising my daughter as a single parent.
    Thanks to all reading this!
    Gosh Mazzy: You have had a lot going on. Does it sound like MS is a loaded question. One you already know the answer to because your neurologist suggested it. It obviously sounds like it, has many of the symptoms of early onset of the disease, but also, like he brought up, could be a sign of brain cancer. That is the thing with these general symptoms, there are about 400 causes for them. Until you get the tests back, you won't know the answers.

At this point, I would just try to focus on the testing and hope for good results (negative MRI). This could mean you need vitamin adjustments (D3, or B12).

I know it is hard to wait, but your physicians are doing all of the right things. Your job is to not worry until you need to.

Best of luck
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Hi Mazzy, Glad you found this site. You are doing the right thing by coming and talking about your concerns, it does help. I agree with Lisa's take on the situation, wait until you have more information from your doc. Dale
      Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Thank you, for your responses. Both of you are right, not much I can do till the tests are done. Lisa, you are correct when stating I had a lot going on. The diagnoses of my father's cancer and his fight that lasted three months until his passing was def. a tough time. My diagnosis of melanoma was caught early, thank God. I recently had another surgery to remove another 'bad' mole, 50 stitches and a scar longer than I wanted but feel lucky to have caught it before it was worse. So, if MS is the diagnosis I will consider it another chapter in my life but it won't be the last because my ending will be better than any written in that book. God bless.

Comment

Working...
        X