Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have I met the "criteria" based on MRI?

I looked back at my MRI reports ... here is what they say:

June 2012: There are several small foci of increased signal in the subcortical white matter that are characteristic of the aging process but there are two large foci of increased signal in the deep white matter tracts of the left frontal lobe that suggest a demyelinating process

IMPRESSION: Several non-enhancing hyperintense white matter foci in the deep white matter of the left frontal lobe suggest a demyelinating process.

November 2012: Several stable nonenhancing scattered T2 white matter hyperintensities are again demonstrated. The largest resides in the left frontal lobe superiorly in the deep white matter measuring 8 mm.

IMPRESSION: Stable nonenhancing T2 bright white matter hyperintensities. Common etiologies can inclue demyelinating disease or migraine headaches.

*to my knowledge I have never had a migraine headache in my life*

Any comments, greatly appreciated!!!
    MS - diagnosed 2/05/2013

sounds like NO.
    non enhancing and everything is the same.
    This sounds like me....

What are your other symptoms? I am in limbo land too...

Comment

Originally posted by meeshkap View Post
      sounds like NO.
      non enhancing and everything is the same.
      This sounds like me....

What are your other symptoms? I am in limbo land too...
      Too many to list .... started another thread with most of them though. Someone told me because there were at least 2 lesions and I had all these symptoms that I HAD met the criteria. I don't know! *sigh*
      MS - diagnosed 2/05/2013

Comment

Originally posted by Whimpurr View Post
        Someone told me because there were at least 2 lesions and I had all these symptoms that I HAD met the criteria. I don't know! *sigh*
        There are other condition/diseases which can cause abnormalties (lesions) on an MRI.

There are no symptoms unique or exclusive to MS. Again, other conditions/diseases can cause Neurological or Neurological 'type' symptoms.

For these reasons, simply having lesions and symptoms does not mean you meet the McDonald Criteria. Testing for other conditions which could explain MRI abnormalties and symptoms must be ruled out first.

The McDonald Criteria is about 'time' and 'space.' Example: MRI changes from previous one(s), other testing that could possibly indicated MS and exacerbations (relapse, attack, flare-up) which could show other clinical evidence.

All or some of those can help meet the McDonald Criteria or point the neuro in a different direction.

Be very careful about information found on the internet --- there is alot of false information, intentional or non-intentional.
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I have the same symptoms

I just had an MRI(yesterday) of Brain/Spinal Cord with Contrast(I did not want it.) I got CD's of the MRI. I'm not a doctor but I think I saw lesions.

Comment

Originally posted by BrainFighter87 View Post
            I just had an MRI(yesterday) of Brain/Spinal Cord with Contrast(I did not want it.) I got CD's of the MRI. I'm not a doctor but I think I saw lesions.
            I got CDs of mine as well but "conveniently" they do not work on my computer! You have to have a special program to view them. *sigh*
            MS - diagnosed 2/05/2013

Comment

Originally posted by Whimpurr View Post
              I got CDs of mine as well but "conveniently" they do not work on my computer! You have to have a special program to view them. *sigh*
              I received a CD of all my 540 MRI images, and simply went on-line to download free version of OsiriX, which allowed me to view everything. They have versions for PC and Mac (I had to download the Mac version).

I am sure that the radiologists/hospitals are all using the same type of program to view CDs so that all doctors have access as well. Google OsiriX and see if you can download and view your CD. I got my CD before the copy of the report, and I was able to see the lesions that the radiologist saw when his report came through.
              20+ years of sx - no dx yet - getting close!

Comment

I'm waiting for my neurologist to view my new CD in February. I had some ones done this summer/fall which apparently showed lesions on my white matter and both frontal lobes. He said he its a toss up from what he saw and wanted some better images.
                I have relapsing attacks that happen ever few months for the past 4 years and horrible migraines, which he said are defiantly neurologically based.

Comment

Originally posted by HellsBells1 View Post
                  I received a CD of all my 540 MRI images, and simply went on-line to download free version of OsiriX, which allowed me to view everything. They have versions for PC and Mac (I had to download the Mac version).

I am sure that the radiologists/hospitals are all using the same type of program to view CDs so that all doctors have access as well. Google OsiriX and see if you can download and view your CD. I got my CD before the copy of the report, and I was able to see the lesions that the radiologist saw when his report came through.
                  Thank you SO much! I wondered if there might be software available! Off to look!
                  MS - diagnosed 2/05/2013

Comment

Yeah my GP got my report yesterday & didn't say anything yet. Nobody will tell me anything. the radiologist insisted on contrast material after the first set of MRI's without.why would he do that if it was normal? After I made it clear I wanted no contrast if nothing was abnormal.

Comment

Originally posted by BrainFighter87 View Post
                      Yeah my GP got my report yesterday & didn't say anything yet. Nobody will tell me anything. the radiologist insisted on contrast material after the first set of MRI's without.why would he do that if it was normal? After I made it clear I wanted no contrast if nothing was abnormal.
                      I know it's hard but try not to worry! Hope you hear something soon!!!
                      MS - diagnosed 2/05/2013

Comment

Working...
                      X