Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone help?

Hello everybody, I’m new here.

First off, I want to apologize for my English, it's not my native language.

Here's my story: I'm a 26 years old woman, and last month I went to the hospital several times, every time with different symptoms.

First time i lost strength on my left arm. At the hospital they didnt´t really paid attention to it and told me it was probably muscle inflammation. I took some nurofen, and it started it went away.

A week later i went there again complaining of stomach ache, nausea, mild diarrhea, i was feeling bad in general. I was diagnosed with gastroenteritis after drawing blood and a chest x-ray. I took some medicine and it got better, but i felt back pain and felt like i losing strength on my legs. I felt like I was run over by a truck.

Some days later, my boyfriend comes home from work, and when I start talking to him, my speech was slurred. He thought I was having a stoke, so he took me back to the hospital. I was also having difficulty while walking.

I was seen by another doctor, who did a quick exam with the lights and reflex hammers, and said it was nothing neurological. He also said that he could see my thyroid and that I probably was suffering from hyperthyroidism. He sent me home.

Two days later I can barely walk because my right leg lost almost all the strength, my right arm lost its strength too, lost sensibility in the arm and leg, lost my balance and stumble into things. When to a different hospital, where they I did a TAC scan, and was sent to a bigger hospital to get a brain mri done. Then I got admitted because they found lesions. Two lumbar puncture were done, a cervical mri, and a evoked potential test. I did a 10 day treatment with steroids, got better and was sent home with no concrete diagnosis. I’m taking prednisolone at the moment.
    Some of info taken from the clinical report:

Cholesterol of 249, TSH is low (0.32), FT3 and FT4 normal.
    LP - Negative Pandy, lgG index 0.72 (they are still waiting on some results)
    brain mri: There are multiple white matter lesions which are hyperintense on long TR sequences, with periventricular distribution (mostly on bilateral lateral ventricles, temporal horn and occipital horn of the right lateral ventricle), in the splenium of the corpus callous and are oval shaped.
    Cervical mri was normal.

There’s a lot of stuff on the report that I don’t understand. At the end of the report says it might be ADEM vs clinical isolated syndrome/ Overlap syndrome. Is MS excluded?

I’ve been searching and reading a lot, but I feel overwhelmed and very confused with all of this. I’m feeling a lot of anxiety, and I don’t know what to do
    Sorry for the huge post, thanks.

HELP

cutecat, you've got alot going on. Right now it looks like they are working up a diagnosis. MS is still being looked at. Do the best you can to relax and let them complete your workup I know this easier said than done. Come back and let us know how you are doing. Dale
    Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

It's tough when you are in this hurry up and wait place where you know something is up but not what. Hang in there and I hope that they can give you answers soon.

Comment

Bless your sweetheart. You have so much happening so fast. I had every MS symptom from August 06-December 06. It was January 07 when I got my diagnosis.

One thing that helped me was my own research. I learned the language of the medical game. I had NO IDEA I had MS. I was thinking this was due to my diabetes, but I researched everything they said. It was actually my research that sent me to the MS Center.

Keep a symptom diary and a diary of your medications. This will be a great help for your doctors.

I pray this puzzle comes together quickly for you. Keep us posted.
        Melissa--Betaseron 2007-2010; Novantrone 2008; Tysabri 2010-2012; Rituxan 2012; Tecfidera 2015; Currently-No DMD

Healer is my GOD!

Comment

thank you all for your kind answers and support. I'll try to remain calm, but sometimes it's very difficult.. It's like I'm getting obsessed over this.

I'll have to occupy myself with something, but I fell so tired, especially during the day..

I have a follow-up appointment in 11th january, so maybe I'll know a little more then.

Comment

Rest

Cutecat, when you can, rest. Try very hard not to get too tired in the day. Keep a diary of your meds, your fatigue schedule, and symptoms. Take all this with you when you go. I will be praying for you.
            Melissa--Betaseron 2007-2010; Novantrone 2008; Tysabri 2010-2012; Rituxan 2012; Tecfidera 2015; Currently-No DMD

Healer is my GOD!

Comment

Working...
            X