Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With a probable diagnosis should I have my daughter tested too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With a probable diagnosis should I have my daughter tested too?

If I get a confirmed MS diagnosis should I have my 6 year old daughter tested too? She has gotten head aches forever, and about a year ago she started complaining of pains in her legs so bad she would cry all night. I thought she was maybe she was doing what she sees me go through or growing pains. The pain stuff happens to her monthly.

No No No

My vote is NO! You don't want your daughter to focus on any of her aches and pains thinking there's something drastically wrong with her..

You're probably correct about growing pains, that's more likely the cause of her aches. The chance she would have M.S. (if you do) is very slim...You should discuss any concerns with her Pediatrician. I have 3 children (2 daughters and a son) and they are all past the age of my first symptoms.

Take care Jrasted79
    Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Originally posted by Camsue View Post
      My vote is NO!
      I agree with Camsue.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

3 more NO votes, at this time.

The 3 votes I am casting here are as follows;
        ME votes no....
        myself votes no..
        and I vote no.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

No

If it is any comfort, my 13 yr old daughter has had pretty bad leg pains since she was 5. We have mentioned them at annual appts, bloodwork has been done and the consensus has been growing pains. We have enrolled her & sister in Yoga class and that has helped.

Both my daughters get headaches (as do I). The 13 yr olds turned into migraines when she reached puberty, just like me. We keep a headache journal and try to avoid triggers.

I can only imagine how traumatized a child could be if they had to go thru all the testing and doctors appt so many here in limbo land have been thru.

Of course if symptoms increase or intensify you go to a trusted pediatrician. Otherwise I agree with Snoopy and Camsue and say No.
          M.
          A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
          Albert Einstein

Comment

I have two six year olds who both get those leg pains. I also vote no. Not only is there almost no chance she has it, from what you are describing, she isn't showing any symptoms that would be concerning for MS.

To put your mind at ease, ask her pediatrician about it.

Comment

I vote no to MS testing. Are you ignoring the 'elephant in the room'? If you are really concerned about your children's health, maybe you should test for vitamin D, B-12 and magnesium. I am not a doctor, but I would be willing to bet that 2 of these 3 minerals will test low or borderline low. The positive part of this is that you can easily correct these deficiencies. Good luck

Comment

Why have her go through all of that and get a diagnosis that is not really correct?
                Also, her insurance may be more costly.
                Just keep close tabs on her and get her the care she needs, when she needs it.

Talk to her pediatrician.

Comment

Working...
                X