Impatiently waiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impatiently waiting

Hello everyone my name is calic I'm a 26 year old male with a wife and 3 kids. I'm currently in the army undergoing the ever slow process of finding out what is going on. It all started 4-5 months ago with tingling just starting out with a few fingers on my left hand always alternating between 3-5 a few weeks went by and it progressed to my forearm. My psychiatrist (being treated for depression) put me on lamictal which was finally agreeing with me.

No problems just the usual tingling. Finally I noticed the tingling would stop and turn to a cold burning sensation then right back to tingling. It progressed to the left side of my face with slight blurred vision time to time occasional headaches that would last 10mins to 2 days. Abdominal cycle changed to constipated for 4-7 days to loose stool.

Time still went on and about a month and a half ago I felt everything I mentioned plus always tired usually around early afternoon at the most it felt like my body would literally start to shut down and my eyes would start to automatically close. Developed a limps occasionally lasting a few days then wouldn'c go away finally it spread to my right hand face feet random spasms and tremors.

Then I was sitting in a class and out of no where my heart rate speeds up hands are shaking rather violently my left side of my tongue goes numb throat feels like kits numb to the point where it seemed like it was closing up. Run to the ER where they run a ct and blood test rule out our fears of a tumor or anything else.. Everything comes back fine and one of the doctors mentions ms.

I'm like with is that so I did my research and see I have 90-95% of the symptoms. The next day the severity of the numbness in my throat goes away along with my tongue but a slight thickly feeling still there with the other symptoms the same. I see my psychiatrist he takes me off of my meds (LAMICTAL) which happens to cause a lot of similar symptoms but what would be the odds of me having 90% of those symptoms. So a week goes by no meds and another attack happens all of the sudden my body is all pinsandneedles to the point where I'm itching that lasts to the point of about 30-45 mins. Then bam just tingling in my left hand only.

It's been about a month since I've been off of my meds with tingling still in my left hand sometimes goes to right random numbness in my left side of head still always tired random headaches muscle twitches, constant ringing in ears left side mostly. Sorry this is so sporadic their is just so much... During all this my comprehension/cognitive functions are going down.

Had my results from my MRI comeback no lesions that they could see and now I have to wait til the 26th of this month to see my pa to schedule a LP lumbar puncture and the 11th of dec for my 1st appt with my pneurologist. Really depressed cuz I was hoping they would see something and say ok you have lesionswhich leads to possible dx of ms but now that they don't see anything yet makes me angry cuz I don't know what is going on with my body and I cant give all these symptoms a reasoning behind them. I'd appreciate any tips or other reasons.

Also wanna say my comprehension and ability to focus has gone down since my teens. Stress and physical activity seem to make the tingling worse and travel tony right side but it is always on my left. And my heart goes out to everyone living with ms or going through the same thing I am. It is really misunderstood and has us ch a drastic effect on your life.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

I know that these physical changes are alarming. It is very difficult to deal with since it is constantly changing. i am glad that the MRI's are clear. That may turn out to be a good thing.
    I think you need a whole battery of tests, before the LP.
    That test is to look at spinal fluid. What about blood tests ? What are your vitamin D and B-12 levels ? You say you are experiencing depression ? Vitamin D has an effect on that. Ask your doctor about your endorphin production. Have you considered a 'sleep study'? If your doctors haven't done a battery of blood tests, you should ask them to do them. Good luck

Comment

Working...
    X