Had to jump in feet first....need a helping hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to jump in feet first....need a helping hand

After 4 months of Lhermitte's sign which led to constant tingling in my hands and upper thighs, the neurologist is 99% sure I have MS (I also had a bout of double vision for 4 mths or so in 2008). I had an MRI of my cervical spine and the radiologist did say I have a lesion on C5-C6. Had an MRI of my brain which came out clear. After some serious vertigo, the doctor thought it best to do a Solu-Medrol infusion for 5 days. That was a week ago and I still feel much of the same tingling and now some seriously added dizziness.

I am on a Prednisone taper but only have 2 days left. Why I am left with this weird dizziness and vertigo...especially when I turn my head or turn my body to go to another direction? Also my right leg sometimes feels like it has a mind of its own. I will start walking and it takes my leg a second or two to get into the groove. After 2 or so minutes of walking it happens again - its almost as if it feels lighter and slightly jerky.

Lastly, is it Prednisone or just MS that is making me so impatient with my children and family. I am usually so calm and easy going and now I feel on edge most of the time...ready to snap. Everyone keeps asking if I am going to get a second opinion. Which I plan to do...but it makes me think, "what else could this be?" Doctor has recommended Gilyena...so nervous to start that if I might not even have MS.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

It is the prednisone that is making you so short. I am just finishing a 5 day course of IVSM, and almost yelled at my neighbor for closing her outside trash can too loud...what?

It will pass in time. Sometimes it takes a bit of time for the brain to calm down after solu-medrol. Mine makes me more dizzy too. I am baseline dizzy, but it makes it worse.

You are probably being started on treatment for CIS (clinically isolated syndrome) since you only have one lesion at this point. The choice of medications are up to you. There are extensive reviews of them on the boards here. Check them out.

A second opinion wouldn't hurt. Have you been tested for Lyme and all that good stuff too? Are they monitoring your vitamin D levels?

Hope you feel better soon. It takes me a couple of weeks after the IVSM treatments for my MS to calm down and my legs to start working right again. You can let your neuro know, it may be part of your last exacerbation. He should be planning another MRI in about 1 month of the brain after this treatment.

Good luck!
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Thank you so much for your thoughts Lisa. Second opinion in the works right now. Getting tested for Lyme on Friday. It feels good to know that I am not alone.

Comment

Your impatience is called "Roid Rage", yes it's from the steroids. You will return to your patient, calm and easy going self once its out of your system.

Best wishes to you, it sounds like you're doing the right things to have peace of mind with it... MS or no MS!
        Jen
        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Working...
        X