@ Rest Area Newbies Lounge, Oct. 28 '12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gomer should be honored.

That in your "off" time your were thinking of solving "G's" leak.
    Dave
    "Journeyman"

Comment

Gomer it's sorta all the same.

Full warm shoes or a swamp.

Fortunately I was wearing black pants and was able to get behind my desk befor the lake formed.

After that I carried extra clothes. The last day of the year students were helping me clean up and they found my spare's They opened the bag and asked why I was carrying extra underwear and a feminine pad? My answer was, "I keep those for students, (male or female), who have an accident in class." They accepted it. OK so I lied!

Incontinence is a real problem. One of my first symptoms. About a year before I went blind in my right eye. Us RN's can ignore nearly everything in any situation. Not necessarily a good thing.

Sorry about denials and the VA. My denials are self-induced.

Now the good news. With my Vit. D up around 98 I am in my ninth month with out a relapse and still going strong.
      Dave
      "Journeyman"

Comment

but Jwman Dave....

Did you specify WHO's, students? a teacher CAN also be a student of a different teacher, of course.

I still consider myself a student, I will continue to learn till I am planted, or so I hope.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Before diagnosis

Grace, I was in the hospital for my first experience with MS type symptoms when the threw NMO at me, along with many other things. I only had one eye affected, but I had spinal lesions.They checked me for the aquaforin-4(SP), when they did my spinal tap and it was negative. I remember googling it and asking my neuro about it. I did not find out until after I left the hospital with paper work for ON an NMO that the test was negative.

I'm not sure what other tests they did on me because I did not keep very good records at the time. It happened so fast and I didn't even know it was important until much later. I'm pretty sure from what I do remember that NMO was ruled out, but if you know what tests/results I should look in to, please let me know. I'm pretty new at this. I never kept personal reocrds, becuase nothing had ever happened to make me think it was necessary.Anyways, after all that, my neuro told me that "definitely had ms". After that did include a subsequent MRI comparison. I am taking copax and truth be told, nothing seems much worse.
          You can't stop washing your feet just because you're afraid you'll fall in the shower.

Comment

Gomer - "Students"

Sorry I got to specify. When I first experienced my MS urinary incontinence I was a high school teacher standing in front of MY students in a Health Sciences class. The class was to get them ready for the LPN/PCT exam.

You're right - we are all life-long learners and students.

The urinary incontinence was easy to hide after a time. Fortunately the bowel incontinence was not so easy to hide and fortunately it did not occur in the school setting.

The neural stimulator that I had to have implanted helped shut down both and made my life much easier. That was a wonderful invention. However after a year when I went blind in my right eye the neurologist wanted to do an MRI but would not do it as long as I had the piece of metal and the pacer implanted in me. He was afraid it would be ripped out.

The Neurologist, Urologist, the hospital legal dept. and the MRI dept. haggled for four days before the Urologist was convinced to surgically remove it.

The MRI reveled multiple lesions. Fortunately for me the stim. taught my bowel and bladder to learn how to control things better on their own. So far so good. Things are doing their own control pretty good and are still holding thing up - er in.
            Dave
            "Journeyman"

Comment

it Dave.... what better setting than an health sciences class?

First time I ever got a paper cut was in biology class on a biology book page of course.

Gomer

Comment

Working...
              X