Can't get anymore fed up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get anymore fed up!

I've been struggling for a year with my symptoms now, and as of last week I was finally put on track to get a diagnosis of MS. After a trip to the doctors today she has informed me another doctor disagrees and is canceling all the tests my neurologist has booked me in for and has put it down to MIGRAINES! Very angry, Let down after let down I finally thought I was getting somewhere and now im back to square one where they ruled out Migraines before all of this even started! Its left me feeling very down and Im not even sure how the heck im supposed to feel anymore, i just want all of this to be over and sorted!

Sorry to hear things are not going great on the other side of the pond.

I went thru a similar situation back in the mid '80s. They even sent me to the shrinks who said I was not even depressed, just "adamant" something "else" was wrong. IN my case thy blamed everything, especially anything neurological on my diabetes.

In a twisted sort of way, they were right, it was mostly in my head, only in the form of Dawson's Fingers! Only took them 25+ years to run proper testing and Dx.

What I do not get is HOW they can blame it on migraines when they had already been ruled out? Seems to be the neurologist is THE one to decide on any testing.

Sorry to hear you also have doctors with what I call ADD, Assume & Dismiss Disorder.
    I have recently been going thru that with my chronic kidney problems as well.

Cheer up, hope things improve, the sooner the better.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Well, I first want to stay being in limbo stinks. Plain and simple.

It sounds like there may be a difference of opinion between your doctors. What does your heart, gut instinct, or brain tell you to do? I'd go with that.

Personally, when before I was diagnosed they told me that if I was older than I am (I was 22 years old at the time) or in worse physical shape (I'm at a healthy bmi of 22) that they would assume I was having a stroke with my symptoms but based on how I looked, they decided it wasn't a stroke in Urgent Care.

However, they were convinced at first it was several pinched nerves and stress. However, that didn't seem right to me or my primary doctor based on all the locations I was experiencing tingling and numbness. Thankfully, it was just the Urgent Care doctors who were confused by my symptoms and my doctor remained calm and ordered blood work and an MRI to figure this thing out.

My two cents --- get a second or third opinion before you believe it is just migraines. While it may not be Multiple Sclerosis, it is best to know what you're fighting so you use the best tools to fight it. Good luck and good health!

Comment

Working...
      X