MRI results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MRI results

So I picked up the results from my spinal MRI and all is "well". Results say that nothing there is contributing to my slurred speech, fatigue, numbness, tingling and loss of strength in my legs. Did mention some small hemangiomas.

On one hand I realize this is good but on the other hand it is frustrating. Limbo land sucks. Could you have MS and the lesions only be located in the brain or do they have to be throughout?

I don't have any side effects today which is FABULOUS but boy did I take a long nap today. My doctor keeps pushing the stress ticket on me but I really don't think my stress is different than anyone else. Everybody has stress.

I KNOW when my legs go crazy on me that it is real. They go crazy when I am chill and they go crazy when I might be a little stressed...

Thoughts?
    Kat

Hi Kat

I know the feeling. My cervical spine MRI didn't show anything except the worsening of the cervical spondylosis, compressed discs, bone spurs, and compression of the spinal cord at C5 and C6.

Afraid I don't have any advice, but wanted you to know I definitely understand!

Hugs,
    Minnie

Comment

I just wanted to say that any symptoms people have from 'stress' or psychological problems are JUST as real as those who have it from organic causes like MS. Not that I think you are being disparaging or that you are not having something organic going on here, but I think it's important for us all to keep it in mind that our bodies are one.

They are not separated into neat little piles of this or that. They work as an entity. Stress will cause organic problems to get worse and organic stuff can cause stress. Our bodies need to be treated as a whole with this in mind...not just written off if there's not something that they can slap a band-aid on.

I've had negative tests that years later actually DO end up being something. Hang in there girl and remember to take time to care for your self.

Comment

You can have a negative spinal MRI with an MRI of the brain that is consistent with MS. Did your MRI show this? Slurred speech is usually caused by a brainstem lesion or a specific brain lesion, not a spinal cord lesion. What did you brain MRI show?
        Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
        SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
        Tysabri

Comment

Working...
        X