Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unhappy Very Frustrated!!! Desperate for opinions!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unhappy Very Frustrated!!! Desperate for opinions!!

Hello all! Please give me some feedback I think I posted this initially in the wrong place

Two months ago I passed out and had a bad fall which resulted in a hospital stay (traumatic brain injury). CAT scans and MRI's had shown active brain lesions. MS suspected, spinal tap ensued, abnormal results. I have another MRI scheduled this Friday due to more pain and have had two bought of really bad slurred speech that lasted at least 4 days. Could the slurred speech be related to MS? The doctor brushed it off and said I was just stressed out, and gave me an RX for PT. He kept INSISTING I was stressed out which was irritating to say the least. My mother was as surprised as I was as I am her "chill child"...

This is all very new to me and I don't know who to ask.

Originally posted by kat_warren View Post
    Hello all! Please give me some feedback I think I posted this initially in the wrong place

Two months ago I passed out and had a bad fall which resulted in a hospital stay (traumatic brain injury). CAT scans and MRI's had shown active brain lesions. MS suspected, spinal tap ensued, abnormal results. I have another MRI scheduled this Friday due to more pain and have had two bought of really bad slurred speech that lasted at least 4 days. Could the slurred speech be related to MS? The doctor brushed it off and said I was just stressed out, and gave me an RX for PT. He kept INSISTING I was stressed out which was irritating to say the least. My mother was as surprised as I was as I am her "chill child"...

This is all very new to me and I don't know who to ask.
    Slurred speech can be related to MS. You said you had lesions on MRI, and an abnormal tap, but they did not diagnose you at that time?

Perhaps after this MRI you will show progression or a clearer picture of what is going on.

Was your MRI consistent with MS? Spinal tap consistent with MS?

If so, and you were not diagnosed, I would suggest finding another neurologist.
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

I had issues with slurred speach when I was waiting for my diagnosis. I got the same stressed out answer from my doctor. I have not had it again since my diagnosis, I think I was stressed and worried waiting for the results. I just wanted you to know you were not alone.

Comment

Thank you all for responding - it makes me feel less "crazy"... I think a new neurologist who specializes in MS needs to be found. I reached out to the local MS chapter and hope they can direct me in the right way.

The slurred speech is an issue for me as I am in sales and if I can't communicate then I can't do my job. THAT stressed me out.

Comment

Slurred speech was a huge issue for me after an "episode" in May. I work retail and could not articulate what I wanted to say. Or it would just come out so slow-w-w-w and garbled.
          I think my boss thought I was losing it
          Speech has fully recovered.
          Brain farts are still a daily occurance - I just totally blank out in mid-conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by kat_warren View Post
            Thank you all for responding - it makes me feel less "crazy"... I think a new neurologist who specializes in MS needs to be found. I reached out to the local MS chapter and hope they can direct me in the right way.

The slurred speech is an issue for me as I am in sales and if I can't communicate then I can't do my job. THAT stressed me out.
            Look up Dr. Simsarian in Fairfax, he's very well known and highly regarded.

Comment

I have an appt with him on Oct 11th!

Comment

so frustrated

WE ARE IN THE SAME BOAT. I DONT LIKE THIS FEELING AT ALL. NO ONE BUT US GETS THIS.

Comment

Working...
                X