Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here, but not new to Limbo-Land

Hi Everyone.

I posted this in the 'introduce yourself' area yesterday and it was suggested I check out this area too... so here I am.

My name is Lisa and I live in a tiny little town in south Arkansas. I’m currently seeing a neurologist at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock.

I’ve officially been in limbo-land a little over a year, but can track back the beginning of everything to around 2005. I had woke up one morning with my right side numb and felt awful for a few weeks so I went to my doctor who ordered a nerve conduction study. When it came back negative, the numbness had gone away and I was feeling better again, so I pretty much forgot about it and ignored any new symptoms that came up until July 2010 when everything went downhill.

It’s taken every bit of the past year to find a decent neurologist, but I’ve now been through the full array of testing (except for evoked potentials). I had an MRI with and without contrast in December of last year (multiple small FLAIR hyperintense foci involving bilateral periventricular white matter), EMG last month (negative), Swallow Study last month (delayed swallow response), LP last week (identical banding in fluid & serum, so negative for O-bands) and more blood work then I can even remember, all of which were pretty much normal.

Right now I am waiting for my follow-up appointment with the neurologist, which isn’t until Sept. 27th, to find out what these recent test mean and where we are going from here.

If you’ve made it this far in reading, thank you. I tend to be a little long winded sometimes.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here.

(((hugs))))
    Lisa

Hi Lisa and welcome.

My name is Dave and I went through Limbo for about twenty years. The Doc.'s kept saying, "Hmmmm. That's interesting. !"

Finally I found two Neurologists who thought it was M.S. I carried that label for four years. My last visit to my two Neurologists I was told, "Hmmmm. We are not sure you have M.S. You look like a duck. You quack like a duck...but we're not sure your a duck. If you do have M.S. it sure is a weird variety. We want to send you for a new bunch of tests and meet again in January of next year and decide if you really have M.S."

So we can sit and suffer on the Limbo Island together. I am not sure it will be easier the first time when I was in denial or now WHAT? Basically the symptoms haven't changed I just won't have a name for it until January of 2013. So welcome and we are here to support you and inform you. Don't be afraid to ask for help, support or information.
    Dave Tampa, FL
    "Journeyman"

Comment

Thanks Dave. Wow... two rounds of limbo-land must be pure torture! Some days (most days) I don't get the logic these doctors use!!

Comment

Welcome!

sorry you have to be here, but as most of us, ... we all hate Limbo that are doctors make us go through!!

I sit in Limbo Not a long time about 4 months, but it's way to long for me. I have had MRI's of brain with and without dye. MRI of spine, tons of blood-work like you, and EEG and the brain evoke stuff..

I don't see my nero again until Oct 16th

Hoping when he gets back on Monday that he will call and I can ask stuff and ask for a LP

So yes so all we sit and have some fun!
        Fighting the MonStor, and the Beast of Depression.
        A fake smile can hide a Millon tearS

Comment

Working...
        X