Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in charge of my limbo

Hello Everyone,
    I have been in limboland since June of this year and I hate it. I have been going to multiple Dr. Appt all summer and had many test ran. I am currently waiting for my appt. with the Neurologist on Oct 2, which by the way has been a 16 week wait. I currently have many mucsles that have spasms and I am having difficulty walking due to dragging of my left foot and weak leg muscles. I am so tired of setting around waiting for a diagnosis that I am going on a vacation!!

This is the reason for my post. I am no longer going to allow limbo land to dictate my life. I am getting on a plane and flying to Denver to see my grandchildren. I will just modify whatever comes my way and except my limitations. If I have to ask for a wheel chair I will do it with dignity. I am in charge of my attitude and my new attitude is "Yes I have physical limitations but I am not dead." I am not going to stress over MS until I have a diagnosis and I am going to enjoy what is left of this summer.

That being said I am so scared to be traveling alone. I have not been anywhere by myself these last few month out of fear of falling and all the other syptoms that come and go. With a two hour shuttle ride, two large airports, and a week with two toddlers I might need more than luck.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

You go girl!! That is a great attitude and I hope you enjoy yourself with your grand kids. Don't forget that there are attendants in the airports that can make your trip quite a bit easier... you may need this on the way back... after a week with 2 toddlers! Have a great time!
    Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Deb,

Congratulations on moving forward with your life despite being in limbo! From your post, I think you sound optimistic, yet aware there may be some rocky patches along the way. Sounds reseasonable to me!

BTW, most airports provide service to and from the gates if you let them know in advance. It's like riding in a golf cart. And the drivers are very helpful with directions and luggage assistance.

Relax and enjoy your vacation. You CAN do it!
      Echo
      DX 2007 Started Ocrevus on 2/14/2018

"Some where over the rainbow...."

Comment

Way to go, Deb! I'm new to these boards, but have been in limbo-land for over a year. It's not a fun place to be, but I've tried very hard to not let it control my life.

Have a great vacation and enjoy those grandkids!

Comment

Working...
        X