Seeking a little direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeking a little direction

In march i was referred to a neurologist for some weirdness going on with my body. My referring Dr. said the symptoms that I was having was idicative of MS. Since then I have had alot of different blood tests, all which came back normal. I have had MRI's of my entire spine, neck and brain. When I went back to the neuro Dr. he told me that I did have 2 lesions on my brain, stating that my symptoms were not presenting in the "normal" fashion for ms and that it was unlikely I had it.

He did want me to take a brainwave test (not sure of the name), not the evoked potential test, and have another bout of MRI's in about 6 months to see if there are any changes. When I asked if it wasn't MS what could be causing my symptoms he told me that he didn't know. Its not that I want MS, I just want to know whats going on. Is this normal part of the process, is there anything I should be doing to help with the diagnosis of whatever is going on? Thanks for the help yall.

Hi polarbear.....

Welcome to the world of MS all that goes with it. Ms is not an easy Dx and lesions do not always show when symptoms do. Often it takes TIME for the lesions to show up on MRIs.

For me I had brain MRIs with loads of clasic MS Dawson's fingers that were dismissed (CNS issue, investigate if warranted) by my then ENT, despite multiple falls and surgeries in under a year.

For me it was a new eye doc that opened the MS can-o-worms and the tedious dx process started its bumpy road. The new eye doc picked up on what eye doctors had not bothered following up for decades!

Many MSers go years seeking a definitive Dx, so you are not alone.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

AMEN to that.

Some of us weird ducks are dx'd with MS and then they decide to send you back for a re-do, (four years later for me.)

Just when I adjusted to the MS label they tell me I don't have MS or there is something else coloring the dx. So I am a Limbo Lander again. I will not have anything definitive until January of next year. MS is just a long-drawn-out messy disorder to deal with.
      My best to you in your trials, process and journey.

Dave, Tampa, FL
      "Journeyman"

Comment

Hey P-bear..........

Journeyman I swear keeps his feet plated, one in Limbo and the other in MS. He is not only one that has happened to either. For most of us its just a very long tedious bumpy road to a formal MS dx.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Working...
        X