This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's island time - limbo check in 7/31/2012

Good Evening limbo island! It is time to watch the sunset on the island. So grab a cabana boy or girl and order something to eat and drink. Grab a hammock and enjoy the sunset and the cool breeze.

How are you doing this week? I hope the week has been good and everyone is feeling better.

Any doctor apts this week? Any tests this week? Any doctors or nurses that need to swim with the sharks? Any one need to scream?

In island news - Be careful out in the heat.

If you are undiagnosed then this is the place for you. Come and tell us your story. The island is waiting.

Well kids go back to school on the 6th. We are running around getting ready to go back.

My fatigue is still hanging around and so is my cog fog. I hope that it will go away soon and that other SX don't show up. I am not rady to have a relapse.

Well i am off to start dinner and then take my DD to cheerleading. Lots of (((hugs))) everyone and i will check back in later.

Hi MiniVan.....

Ole gomer here paying a visit. also brought two docs more than deserving of becomeing shark food. They are the VA urologist and nephrologist (kidney). The urologist was *&^&*%&^ as usual and the neph was almost as bad.

The urologist did NOTHING for me, I was sent there, despite my telling the VA GP (she is nice) it was a wast of time. She sent me there, and to renal clinic due to another recent drop in my kidney function.

Last week things got worse. I could not reach or get a call back from my private practice urologist, changed practice. What good is having a doc IF you can't get/see them when needed?

The practice he was at, did get me in to see their NP. One test it was time to be taught to self-cath. Very embarrassing and scary, I almost passed out before finishing the cath lesson. They thought I was having a diabetic hypo, but my BG was perfect. Seems my BP took a quick drop.

They tried to take me to ER, I refused. Talk about getting caught with your pants down (literally!)

AnyWho Hi MiniVan......

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Gomer! ROTFL! I your sense of humor.

MVM, I can't believe your kids go back tomorrow! It's so early. :-( Mine has one week left, so we're doing the before school rush this week. One final yahoo with a friend coming for a camp out this weekend, and that's it. But I'm so happy we decided to skip the ESY this summer and see how it went. It went splendidly until a couple of weeks ago, but we're back on track after making some adjustments.

As far as the trip, it was not a good visit. Things didn't go well. It left me exhausted and angry. I know that sounds horrid, but after speaking with a close friend about it, she left me with a term that's new to my ears and will hopefully convey the experience. Tyranny of the weak. It's deeply disturbing to watch this unfold like it is.

MVM, rat-girl, thank you for thinking of me/us and for the support and prayers.

On the up side, the garden is finally producing. The weather has cooled enough to make working outside enjoyable. I'm looking forward to juggling this with the back-to-school preparations. After that, a little peace, nature and solitude are at the top of the list. Then the house is getting a good scrub down!
      It's not fatigue. It's a Superwoman hangover.

Comment

Wow. Seems early to be thinking about school. Up here everyone's off till September. But this will be my second September since gradutating college and it still seems weird not to be caught up in the back to school gig. I keep getting the urge to go out and buy a ton of pencils.

Gomer think your shark pool is big enough to add one of my doctors? Haha. Finally got to a neurologist appointment last week and the Dr. Was late showing up to his clinc only to find that his computers were all infected with a virus and the servers were all down. Long and short of it, rushed through the appointment so he could get back to the tech guys. He couldn't remember me from before and couldn't access his notes so he took one look and pronounced psychosomatic. Not what he said at all last time but he refused to send me for an MRI and wouldn't look at me further. Just told me to 'try harder at work. If you focus hard enough you'll forget the sympotms' grrr. As if I haven't tried focusing before.

Anyways getting a bit stronger on my own this week at least. Just glad it was over shut down so I didn't miss much work and being able to lay down and take breaks made a difference. Also now going to a stress relief therapist. Maybe the doctors won't believe me that they themeselves are one of the biggest stress problems around but at least if I go for counseling they can't say I'm not trying every approach. If it makes a difference, great. If not, hopefully I'll gain someone to argue back that I'm not crazy. At least not yet

Comment

Wow our sharks are really ejoying there time with the doctors. 3 at a time what a treat.

Gomer - I am sorry that you doctor turned out bad. I am glad that you did see the NP. Self cath is not fun but what a story you have.

Hope you are feeling better. (((hugs))) and hope to see you on the island soon. I know you will be going to FLA soon hope you and Journeyman have fun and y'all stay out of trouble.

lusciousleaves - Good to see you. Hope your first week of school goes good and enjoy the rest of the summer vacation.

Hope the campout went well? Thank you for thinking of me.

I am sorry that your visit went so bad. I hope that things will get worked out and that it will get batter. You can e-mail me it you need to. I know this is hard to be going through.

I am praying for you and your family. Enjoy the garden and get your rest and quite. So gald that the temp is cool and you can enjoy it.

lot of (((hugs)))

Rat-girl - Good to see you. It is to early for school. I needed a few more weeks with my kidos. I remember that feeling of school starting back.

I am sorry that your apt did not go well. I agree that doctors are a big stresser. I have always wanted to tell one that and see what they say.

I know that it can make you crazy and makes you want to scream. I glad that you are talking to a therapist. That way when doctors pull "it is all stress and you need to see a therapist". You can answer that you already do.

Been there and loved the look on the doctors face when i said that. He then stumbled over his words and then was not sure what to say next.

Glad that you are feeling stronger and getting some rest. Take care and lots of (((hugs)))

Ok see everyone on the island soon.

Comment

Working...
          X