This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's island time - limbo check in 7/24/2012

Good afternoon limbo island!! It's time to enjoy the cool breeze on the island. Grab a cabana boy or girl and order something to eat and drink. Grab a hammock and relax by the cool water.

How are you feeling/doing this week? I hope that everyone is feeling good and enjoying the summer.

Are there any doctor apts this week? Any tests this week? Any doctors or nurses that need to swim with the sharks? Any one need to scream?

In island news - Welcome to all our new limbo islanders. I am so glad that you found us and know you are not alone as you look for answers.

If you are undiagnosed then this is the place for you. Come and tell you your story. The island is waiting.

Well i am off the get dinner ready and get some rest. The fatigue is really bad today.

I will check back in later. Lots of (((hugs))) everyone.

SLEDGE HAMMER STILL HITTING ME

I'm newly diagnosed (6 weeks) been on copaxone 10 days. Most of My family truly doesn't understand as much as I think they want to, but either they are in denial...I'm in denial or we all are. I have a godzillion symptoms which I explained away till the fateful MRI. I have so many lesions the neuro couldn't or won't even attempt to count. I'm rather old for an initial diagnosis (almost 64). My husband of 42 years is trying very hard to be supportive but the MS has become conveinent for HIM. If HE doesn't want to do something MY ms is flaring. If he WANTS US to do something he tells me I HAVE to push through it. I feel so alone and depressed. Anyone out there that can help??

Thanks,
    Cyndee

Comment

Welcome. I am glad that you have come here. There are many that can help and know how you feel. I am so sorry that you are feeling so bad.

There are a lot of newly diagnosed on here you can find them on the thread called "rest area 51" I know they will be glad to help all they can.

Know that you are not alone and i am so glad that you found us. Keep on posting and letting us know how you are doing.

Lots of (((hugs))) and prayer.

Well i am getting all caught up on how everyone is doing. I am trying to catch all the summer i can with the kids. They go back to school Aug 6th.

My fatigue is bad and now my cog fog is playing along now to. I am praying that i am not comeing out of remission. I am busy so i hope that is what is going on.

Well i am off . Good night limbo island and sweet dreams. Lots of (((hugs))) everyone.

Comment

Momedove, I hope this doesn't upset you, but I had to laugh that your husband found a way to use your MS to his advantage. It seems the opposite of what people usually mention in their relationships! I'm sorry it's giving you distress, though, and hope you two can find a way to work through it.

MVM, I too, hope you're not moving into another slowdown. Do take care of yourself in the meantime. I'm excited to hear you're moving forward with the plans for nursing school.

Had the official followup with the GI to go over the latest blood tests and to put it all together. He's suspecting a possible sphincter of Oddi dysfunction as a cause for the spasms. He also believes the liver enzymes were elevated from all of the medication required to control the pain and migraines. The good thing is, he gave solid instructions on what to do next time and when to go to the ER.

I'm feeling better he doesn't suspect anything major going on internally. There is still an element of doubt surrounding this because the confirmatory test is not on the table due to it's high complication rate. That's okay. I'm not anxious to go back under anesthesia anytime soon. Enough of that.

This weekend is going to be very bittersweet for us. We will be visiting with my parents who were recently advised to call hospice for my mom. I don't know when the next time will be we can make the trek. It's not hitting me well at the moment.
        It's not fatigue. It's a Superwoman hangover.

Comment

New kid on the block

Hi,

I've been having symptoms I believe for 6 years now. Consistently worsening the past 3. Not sure if it is MS or not yet because I've only just got my GP to agree for referrals to a better neuro this year. But I've been looking into different possible scenarios and found this site and there that I can relate to here. Must admit I've barely stopped reading it the past 24 hours. I thought about signing up because I've some questions but didn't want to get kicked off because I don't yet have a Dx. Then I found the limbo land thread so now I'm all signed up.

It's giving me some hope reading every one else's stories and comments. The past two weeks have been really bad for me. I developed claw hand over the weekend and today can't get out of bed at all because of weakness so although I'm not supposed to have another neuro appointment for a couple weeks I've bugged him enough that now I'm going to see him Monday morning.

Really hope he can give me something to work with because I'm on vacation now but the way this is now won't be able to go back to work in a week when I'm supposed to as I need to working hands. They were going with the wait and see method but I don't think that's workin now.

I rent in a house with 3 other girls and occasionally they use me as an excuse not to do stuff because they need to take me home Doesn't happen that often though. More likely they want to do stuff but can't because of I'm with them. So whenever they can take advantage I'm happy to finally be of service.

Also now they get to borrow my car whenever because my parents made me promise not to try driving again until we have more answers.

I hope your weekend goes smoothly. It must be tou but maybe there will be some moments you can enjoy. Thinking of you.

Comment

lusciousleaves - Good to see you. I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Hope you got to spend a lot of time together this weekend. Just know that i am parying for you and your family. Let me know how things are going when you can and how you are doing. You know you can always send me a e-mail if you need to.

I am glad that your GI apt went well and you are feeling better about that.

Lots of (((hugs)))

Rat-Girl - Welcome to the island. I am glad that you found us. I am sorry that you are feeling so bad and that you are looking for answrs.

I am glad that you did call your neuro and i hope your apt went well. Let us know when you can how it went. I hope you are feeling better.

Lots of (((hugs)))

Ok time to start the new thread. See you on the island soon.

Comment

Working...
            X