This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Crafters

I started a group on Ravelry for MS Crafters - the name of the group I made it especially for all my MSWorld friends So happy to have all of you to relate to and MSWorld to share some of my artwork with
    Peace, Love, Laughter
    michele - dx 2012, 1st sx 2000 - starting Copaxone 7/2012

Comment

Yay Michele! I am on Ravelry too! I haven't done much in the last 2 years because I have been studying so much.

BUT even though I am an inexperienced knitter, I do love it! So I will find your group and join it!

I went to the Neuro yesterday, and it turns out I still have multiple sclerosis. (LOL!) I am not sure what I thought would happen at that appointment, but she feels like I am "doing well" and we made some adjustments to all the new pills I am taking. It was nice to get out though.

Today and really for the next 3 weeks, I will be studying like crazy. My midwife exam is in 3 weeks!
      Jeri, the midwife
      Happily married Mom to 5
      DX with RRMS July 2012

Comment

*waves*

Hello! I'm newly diagnosed, like, within the last month (it took a couple of months for me to be diagnosed). I'm very happy to be here with you all. People who are in my shoes! Yay!
        Nicole
        2 Legit 2 Quit

Comment

Hooray!

First - welcome ngrace! You'll find so much support here, it's the place to be anytime you have doubts or questions!

Next - Hooray! I'm going to Hopkins to the MS Center I can't believe it - they called me back today and I am going MONDAY!!!! July 30! I'm SO excited - but WOW, it's going to be a tough trip with no A/C in the Jeep for 90 min or more! That's ok - I'll tough it out - I'm SO excited

Starting Copaxone tomorrow and having serious feelings like I'm putting my body, that has been 20 years with not a single allopathic medicine, into a situation it doesn't want to be in I am doing Copaxone ONLY because I can't keep the company disability to pay the mortgage without it. DH has been ill for over 20 years (Scleroderma) and can't support us I'm just not having a good night even though I'm so happy Hopkins called.

I see my PCP next Friday - she understands me. She wants me to see a ND/MC at the local hosp, but his clinic carries a $300 up front payment for eval - I'm thinking I might want to do this while I have benes there to reimburse part of it... but nurse is coming tomorrow and I have to follow the treatment plan for the disability...
          Peace, Love, Laughter

Comment

GOMER

Now I know that my relapse is on the way. I was starting to write this post and I couldn't remember your name. I asked my wife, " Who is that guy that I have lunch with now and then and is on the MS Lounge website? Uh, Uh, R. is - I'll get it - just give me a minute. Its uh, Rambo, no, it's Gumbo, just a minute it's coming, Ringo. Oh I remember, Its Gomer. Quite a mental track to find you.

I can't remember if I told you or not. The other day I went into our back store room and I couldn't remember why I was there. No biggie. I stood there and then there was a short, bright flash. Then a blank slate. It was only this morning that it dawned on me that I probably had a TIA because there was no dizzyness or lack of muscle tone. I just blanked and went down. Now I am nursing a very sore shoulder that hurts down to my little finger and ring finger which I am sure is nerve.

If I told you this just ignore me and know it's just another road sign to relaps.

Drop me a note of the dates you will be in town and I'll try to get the humidity turned down. I think you told me but I forgot. Oh well......whatever!!!!
            Dave, Tampa, FL

Comment

J-man Dave...
              I have my MS clinic apt Aug 9th, so it will be at least the 10th before I can hit the road. Will have to be a quick trip, as I have to get back before ???? (date) end of Aug.

So dial back the H&H by the 10th so the southern sand bar has a chance to dry out before I arrive.

Now when I arrive I will be watching for a short nude guy out there by malfunction-junction tossing hundreds at people.

(BTW malfunction-junction is the local/media name for the I-75 & 1-4 interchange)

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Manic Wednesday

A. It won't be in the nude. Maybe when I was 40 yrs younger. I don't even look at myself in the mirror anymore. Shave my face by braille. In my deepest psychosis I don't think anyone has that worry about me.

B. As to throwing hundreds. Probably might be lucky to catch a dime.

C. You probably will not recognize the "malfunction junction" anymore. We are hosting the Republican National Convention very soon. They have spent millions gussying up the city. Especally the junction. We are looking more like an uptown city every day that the RNC draws closer.

Dave, Tampa, Fl
                "Journeyman"

Comment

Laptop Died

Good morning. I am working on my dinosaur computer that is almost as big as i am. my son built it for me years ago and is always by fall-back. I don't know if it shows or not but I am working under my old and another site. We never know how dependent we are on these things untill they go on the blink.

Just wanted to say morning and wish everybody a good or better day.
                  Dave
                  "Journeyman."

Comment

Lumbar puncture yesterday

So had my spinal tap yesterday. I was very worried. But I got a good doctor who had been doing it for over 30 years. They did it using fluroscopy (sp?). The only eventful thing was I almost passed out when they tilted the table. He called it a vasovagal reaction.

Comment

Hi everyone

Well, it has been an eventfull two weeks! I had class last week, but the week before that I had been feeling a little under the weather. I just wanted to get through a class the following week and take the test, (my job paid for it in advance). Well, I made it through that. I passed the hands on portion, still waiting for results from the written part.

In the mean time, my blind spot had been becoming bigger and bigger plus bad jiggly legs and fatique. I was hoping I could sleep it off and call the dr this past monday, but I realized on sunday night I wouldn't be able to drive with the blind spot as big as it was.

I went to the er for steriods. I got a three day infusion and a 3 wk taper. Everone seems to have been doing well here in my absence, I am happy to see.

At least you got a nice trip in before your relaspe j-man.
                      You can't stop washing your feet just because you're afraid you'll fall in the shower.

Comment

Gomer--- sorry your computer died. It is strange how dependant we get on these things!

Peachy--- Glad your lumbar went well. My neuro diagnosed me without it, and I am glad for it!

As for me, I am in the "Sick To Death Of People Telling Me How To Manage This Disease That They Do Not Have" part of my journey.

Can I get an AMEN?

Jeri
                        Happily Married to My Best Friend, Sean
                        Mother to Five
                        Jeri, the midwife
                        Happily married Mom to 5
                        DX with RRMS July 2012

Comment

Jeez, I swear I feel like the clumsiest person ever. Yesterday morning, still in my jammies, I was taking my dog for his morning walk. Got down the stairs to my apartment and went down onto the pavement, tearing up my knee and my hands. Hey, at least I have an "excuse" now, right? right? P Mostly kidding.

I literally could NOT get out of bed this morning for work. I couldn't open my eyes enough to. I called in sick. I usually get up at 5 in the morning to be to work in Seattle by 8. I finally woke up at 11:30. that is SO not like me. but I actually feel semi human right now. this is a good thing.
                          Nicole
                          2 Legit 2 Quit

Comment

Copaxone journey

Hey Jeri - AMEN! I'm sick to death of hearing about how well 'everyone else' with MS is doing ... um NOT - I have friends all over the web to protest otherwise and know I'm not a freak! Well, ok ... maybe I am a Freak, but has nothin to do with MS

Question for my Copaxone compadres - do you have a lot of bleeding (like running down your arm) after the injection? Yesterday when (very nice) nurse was here, did my arm and had blood running down - had to run for a cloth. Today did a leg - same thing.

Otherwise, it seems to be going well so far. Seem to get *really* thirsty within a minute or so of the injection - and about 5 or 6 hours both days, start having swallowing trouble ...? Weird, but so far this is all I've noticed

Enjoy the end of the week/weekend everyone! Next week is a very busy (but exciting) one for me
                            Peace, Love, Laughter

Comment

Wildrose--I have had a little bit of blood a few times, just not every time.

I just got back yesterday from a 4 day, 3 night camping trip with my family. God bless my husband for all he did. I did as much as I could, doing dishes after every meal. I was surprised at how well my left leg did (the leg affected by MS) and disappointed in how my right ankle did (the ankle injured 3 years ago in a car accident).

We are heading out again in August for a week, this time by a lake, which should be fun for all of us, especially the big kids, although I think the two littlest will like the water as well.

My goal is to not let this MS alter our family vacations or anything else, at least not anymore than it already has.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeJeri View Post
                                As for me, I am in the "Sick To Death Of People Telling Me How To Manage This Disease That They Do Not Have" part of my journey.

Can I get an AMEN?

Jeri
                                Happily Married to My Best Friend, Sean
                                Mother to Five
                                AMEN! I e-mailed my friend/old boss to tell her what happened because I cancelled my trip to Canada in a couple weeks and all she did was tell me what to expect when I'm pregnant... /sigh ok. I'm not telling too many people at work exactly what I have because there are people at work that would tell me how to manage.

Comment

Working...
                                X