Hey Teens! Looking for some input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Teens! Looking for some input

We have had a request to create a chat room dedicated for teens and young adults with MS. Kind of a place where you can go and chat with your peers. Let us know what you think about this! We think this is a great idea and would love to move forward with this! Thanks everyone!

Thumbs Up!

This is an absolutely excelent idea, it will give teens the ablity to talk to others their same age. Of course, it's nice to hear from adults with MS, but it would be even better to able to talk to other people of the same age is even better!!
    Courtney

Comment

GREAT IDEA!

MY GRANDAUGHTER IS 16 AND IN PROCESS OF DX. I THINK TALKING TO OLDER ONES WILL HELP HER KNOW THERE IS HOPE FOR A "NORMAL" LIFE, BUT I THINK TALKING TO HER PEERS WOULD BE COMFORTING, TOO.

CONPIC

Comment

sounds great
        Learn from yesterday
        Live for today
        Hope for tomorrow

Comment

Teens Looking for Some Input

Originally posted by court.leppek View Post
          This is an absolutely excelent idea, it will give teens the ablity to talk to others their same age. Of course, it's nice to hear from adults with MS, but it would be even better to able to talk to other people of the same age is even better!!
          Did this idea ever go through? There is a miserable teen over at MS Connections, who has been complaining for months about how she can't find someone her own age - her peer. She is not helping herself at all and probably is making herself worse with her constant complaining about not being able to find a peer

Comment

Unfortunately, this never did go through, I believe because there's just not enough participation from this age group to make it work.

There is a Facebook group called "Teens with MS" that you could recommend. It is a closed group, and teens must register first before being sent an invitation to join. Click on "Teens with MS" for more information: http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Res...upport-Network

Having a teenager in the house, I can completely understand the desire to find other peers this teen can relate with. It can be a difficult age even without MS. I hope this helps, and thanks for reaching out to find a better suited group for him/ her!
            Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Working...
            X