Scared of whats to come

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scared of whats to come

hi my name is Deborah, I'm 16 and was diagnosed with MS about a year and a half ago. I have had relapses here and there and have recovered from them but im now a little worried. about a month ago I started having pain and weakness in both my legs. they dont feel bad if i walk slowly but as far as normal pace, or walking far, they hurt and im forced to stop and take a break.

they feel like this: when your hand or something is asleep and you try and move it too quickly to wake it up and you get that uncomfortable almost pain feeling...thats how they feel. if i dont stop i feel as though my legs are going to give out and when i do it usually takes a few seconds(30 or so) for them to stop tingling.

I received steroids a week ago. about a day after the steroids they felt 10x better but now i think its back. i woke up 2 days ago with sharp pain in my knees and had to limp to walk. that pain has gone away in one of my knees but is still in the other. i also just started techfidera a day ago. im basically just scared. i dont know if i should worry or if it will go away.

i dont mind telling my mom so she can call my doctor but my whole family is under alot of stress right now and i feel as though it will just add more problems. im out of school right now(thank goodness) but school starts back up in about a month. i also have important competitions coming up that I have planned to attend and i dont want to not be able to go since ive worked so hard!!! i just dont know what to do. when i have pain in my legs or knees or something i get really scared that it could result in me not being able to walk anymore. i sound paranoid but im only 16 and this is something that is truly scaring me. help!!!

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

debstev: since you only had steroids 1 month ago, you may need to give them a little more time to work. Sometimes you feel a little worse about a week out and it gets slowly better from there. If it keeps on though, do tell your mom so she can call your doctor. You may just be having steroid rebound feelings since you were not weaned off with a taper. It gets better though...give it some time. Every time I get them I get the same leg thing you are talking about.

Take care of yourself. Hope you feel better soon!

Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Working...
    X