Just found out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just found out...

My mother has has MS since she was 18 she is now 32 and my dad just told me she had it yesterday, she refuses to tell me and my sister, but everyone around us knows. I don't know what to do, i keep reading information wondering if it's going to get worse or if it's staying the way it is, but because i don't know much about what type she has it's stressing me out more! If anyone has any advice or any way to help i would appreciate it.

Hello EmilyEleanor and welcome to MSWorld

Maybe you could find a good time to try and talk to your mom. Tell her you know, that you are scared and worried and could she please talk to you about her MS.

Know that your mother loves you and cares about you, it could be she has a hard time talking about having MS.

If your mom really doesn't want to talk about MS then maybe you could voice your concerns to your dad and he could explain.

Take care, EmilyEleanor
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

This is a time for your family to draw closer.
      Please follow Snoopy's wise advice.

Hopefully, this will open doors to communication and understanding.

Comment

Cherish

My mom has MS too!!! All I can say is stay positive and cherish all the moments you can, that is what I am doing!!

Comment

AsK

Talk to your mum because she could tell you how she feels about it and why she didn't tell you. She might have done it for a reason.
          ChLoE!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X