hidden away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hidden away

i have been having this problem for a long time(have had ms for 18 yrs)penis: does anyone else tip of (the penis) hide within the forskin and have then adust it to get make it free?? i am also thinking its the underwear,i wear both briefs and boxer briefs and i get the same thing..would boxers be much better??

wanted to ask.anyone else have this situation??

Hi picsell:
    I'm not a man, but as someone who understands anatomy and spent 30 years with a man who wasn't circumcised, I can say that it's the normal function of the foreskin to cover the tip of the penis. What's normal for you depends on whether or not you've been circumcised. But it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with MS.

But if you're still determined to find out more about this despite the lack of an MS connection, I'll continue for the sake of medical education.

In some normal variations, the foreskin completely covers the tip of the penis. It's normal for the tip of the penis to hide inside the foreskin and have to be freed manually. It may not have anything to do with the type of underwear a guy wears (but again, I'm not a man and don't have any direct experience with living inside a penis or men's underwear). If you have been circumcised and are having this situation, or if you haven't been and there's discomfort involved or what seems to be unusual tension or adhesion, it merits a visit to your doctor for evaluation.

For more perspective, you can find anatomical/medical drawings and photos online of foreskins covering flaccid penises. Unless the moderators determine this topic to be an application of Jimmy Kimmel's "This Week in Unnecessary Censorship," you can start here: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...ages/19093.htm. You can consult your primary doctor or a urologist, who has seen a variety of penises and foreskins and can advise you about what's normal and what's not.

Since what you're describing is normal for men who haven't been circumcised, I'm going to guess that there are a lot of guys having the same situation.

Comment

same thing here. don`t know why, or how to "fix" it.

dave
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Yep me to.
        This phenomena seem to coincide with the loss of sensation. Years ago, I told urologist about this and the loss of sensation and they kept saying it was nothing. I was trying to understand how the loss of sensation seem to be nothing to them. I suspect that if they loss sensation it would have been something. I found out the loss of sensation was really something (MS). Anyway, I thought I was the only one with, what I call the turtle in the shell. Thanks for posting.

Comment

ANSWERS??

THANK YOU FOR WEIGHING IN ON THIS,WAS A BIG HELP..I HAVE TALKED TO MY UROLOGIST AND HE SAID WASN'T A PROBLEM AND ALSO HAS TO DEAL WITH AGE(I AM 51YRS. YG) AND TO REDWING,AS FAR AS I KNOW I WAS CIRCUMCISED(FROM WHAT I WAS TOLD IF I WEREN'T THE HEAD/PENIS WOULD LOOK AND SMELL NOT GOOD.

IF MORE CAN WIEGH IN ON THIS WOULD BE NICE.

Comment

Originally posted by picsell View Post
            THANK YOU FOR WEIGHING IN ON THIS,WAS A BIG HELP..I HAVE TALKED TO MY UROLOGIST AND HE SAID WASN'T A PROBLEM AND ALSO HAS TO DEAL WITH AGE(I AM 51YRS. YG) AND TO REDWING,AS FAR AS I KNOW I WAS CIRCUMCISED(FROM WHAT I WAS TOLD IF I WEREN'T THE HEAD/PENIS WOULD LOOK AND SMELL NOT GOOD.

IF MORE CAN WIEGH IN ON THIS WOULD BE NICE.

Another woman throwing her 2 cents in....

In your first post your main concern was:
            tip of (the penis) hide within the forskin and have then adust it to get make it free??
            If you have a foreskin for the penis to hide in, you are uncircumsised. Looking good with or without foreskin is a matter of opinion, but only poor hygiene would cause an unpleasant odor, not just the fact you have an intact foreskin.

It's also my experience that intact men naturally have a wide variety of normal and what you describe is the normal function of a foreskin with the foreskin just covering the penis until it becomes more erect and retracts or is moved.

There is a rare condition called phimosis in which the foreskin can't retract and tightly covers the penis. I imagine if this was the case you and/or your dr would know.

Here's the basics on phimosis:
            http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/777539-overview

Comment

picsell .. we got coffee coming out our noses here! was that a typo - you can't be both

Comment

Experience

Originally posted by picsell View Post
                i have been having this problem for a long time(have had ms for 18 yrs)penis: does anyone else tip of (the penis) hide within the forskin and have then adust it to get make it free?? i am also thinking its the underwear,i wear both briefs and boxer briefs and i get the same thing..would boxers be much better??

wanted to ask.anyone else have this situation??
                Hey Picsell. I'm a circumsized 36 year old with MS. I can't say that I have or will have your problem. However, I worked 10 years in the healthcare field and I took care of a few older (much older than you) men and this is a problem sometimes with uncircumsized men. We would make sure that we moved the foreskin back past the head everytime we changed/took the guy to the bathroom. Make sure you pull it back because if we forgot, the head would swell and it was very hard and painful to move it back. If it is bugging you that much force you're urologist to give you answers.

Comment

Circed young

I was uncircumcised at birth. From a young child I washed myself like three times a day and could not maintain my hygiene and odor. I hated the foreskin for which I blamed my problems.

I finally talked some sense into Docs. I was circumcised in seventh grade. Very painfull and embarrassing especially when gang showers were in vogue.

When everything died down and I became comfortable with the new me all my other problems of hygiene stopped.
                  I became proud that I looked like everybody else in the shower.

Before I was dx'd with MS I began having neuro problems at around age 25. I was also told that my testosterone level had begun dropping. I don't know if it was MS related or not. I was given supplements helped some but not great. My penis kept shrinking and I was perform with my wife. (I felt so bad for my wife because she later told me she thought it was her fault that I was failing.)

As the level dropped I got shorter and shorter. Ultimately I took on the un-circed look and obtained a foreskin again but not the hygiene problems. I have continued to get shorter and shorter. I have been told it is a combination of MS and low testosterone level. (They don't know if they are connected.)

This may be uncalled for but you just can call me:
                  "Peanut," with regret.

Dave
                  J: Tampa, Florida

Comment

Working...
                  X