No announcement yet.

Bra question???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too have problems wearing bras they all hurt!!! dosen't matter if they are sports bras or the regular ones it hurts all around. I cannot go out without one though as i am big. 44c or d depending on the brand i sometimes am even a double d. in the house i don't wear anything and love it wish i was smaller to do it in public.

Comment

I'm having problems with wearing a bra as well. Sometimes it's just getting the darned thing on or off (that's where dh comes in handy), but other times, like now with this nerve pain in my skin, anything touching my skin makes me nearly weep. Under normal circumstances, if we are at home, I don't wear a bra unless I'm wearing a shirt that absolutely needs it. As summer comes around, I won't be wearing "those" shirts. I dread going out, because I know I'll need to wear one. And that's just a nice stretchy one.
      Diagnosis: May, 2008
      Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Comment

i find the front openers easier to manage- i cannot manage the old trick of putting a pair on backwards and twisting them round, they would have to be too big and therefor next useless. I did see an article about a bra buddie that was supposed to make it easier to do up a bra at the back but not sure how and not sure where i saw the ad.

i have a bra fitter who helped size me up properly with a standard rear opening pair then she sent me to a friend of hers who altered them open at the front- these are really easy to get on and fit well and cheaper than if i bought rear opening ones( here large size rear opening bras are about $95 a pair!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
          BTW, along with "constipation", this is one of my favorite topics at MSW!
          Tawanda - LOL!!

So where do you get one of these unbelievabra that I;m reading here? Also, I saw a TV commercial about the "Genie" bra and wonder where to get one besides ordering in by phone? Special offer..."get 6 for only $19.99!" I would have to try one on first!!! They look comfy, but still.....
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Saw the commercial but...

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
            Tawanda - LOL!!

So where do you get one of these unbelievabra that I;m reading here? Also, I saw a TV commercial about the "Genie" bra and wonder where to get one besides ordering in by phone? Special offer..."get 6 for only $19.99!" I would have to try one on first!!! They look comfy, but still.....
            Google Genie bra and look for reviews. I found many that were not happy with the bra. They said it was of poor quality, not substantial, took forever to receive it and mostly unsatisfied customers.

I like to try things on, even if i take it home to try and have to take it back.

Good luck finding a good bra; bra shopping, jeans shopping and shoe shopping....ugh!

Diane
            You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Oh I have a hell of a problem with this too.

I wear the stretchy ones, Barely there makes a nice one, no wires. They have them at Kohls online. I look great in the underwire, but can't stand the pain, it makes the hug much worse.

I buy my regular back size, but add the bra extender so it isn't snug at all. That seems to help

Comment

the unbelievabra is sold online to those of you fortunate enought to be in the US. here in canada I have found a few private shops that sell them. look on the unbelievabra web site and they have a complete list of stores which carry them in your area. I warn you, they are not cheap.
                Coffeediva

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried"

Comment

thank god i am not the only one! i feel sorry for my husband cause he loves the way i look in bras but they hurt me. I have been living in tank tops with built in bras for years now..
                  Mommy of 2
                  His army wife forever!
                  Until all the troops come home

Comment

DO NOT BUY THE GENIE BRA-A COMPLETE "BUST"!

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                    Tawanda - LOL!!

First of all, my research has shown that the Genie Bra and the Ahhh Bra are the same thing., and they BOTH stink! I got sucked in once again by an info-mercial and got the cheap things. The Walmart version is exactly the same and a whole lot less money.

These people are crooks. They didn't even include an invoice so you have to go through a maze to figure out how to return the things! The customer service is based in a foreign country and you can barely understand the person on the other end who is so far away that there is a delay in between transmissions. As the phone cuts in and out, they also try to bargain with you into keeping the bras and taking advantage of this "special deal" or "that special deal". Luckily I couldn't understand what the deals were or I probably would have been sucked in again! Once I finally said for the 3rd time that I just wanted to send them back, and yes, I did understand that I wouldn't get my shipping and postage money back (doubled since I was stupid enough to get that so-called "free" second set "just for the cost of shipping and handling")! Sending them back cost a fraction of what they charged me, as they are light and flimsy and use a special feather-weight package.

Whatever you do, DON'T BUT THE GENIE BRA! They will flatten your chest, not support you and show your nipples!! A COMPLETE RIP OFF AND I AM SO MAD AT MYSELF FOR FALLING FOR IT!
                    Tawanda

Comment

Bought one

You're a good salesperson JSY! I ordered one, but only because they'd added a plus size. If you are bigger than a 36 you were dead in the water. There is only one choice and if I like the one I ordered I'd be wishing I could order one of the other styles.

The straps look pretty wimpy, but if the overall bra is good it might not matter. Looking forward to trying mine.

Diane
                      You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Originally posted by hisarmywife View Post
                        thank god i am not the only one! i feel sorry for my husband cause he loves the way i look in bras but they hurt me. I have been living in tank tops with built in bras for years now..
                        Love the tank tops with the built-in bras, but can never find them, except for the shelf bras, and those don't do it for me. Whenever I run across one (not often), I stock up on every color they have. Throw an unbuttoned boyfriend shirt over it and it can be pretty passable in public.
                        Tawanda

Comment

Working...
                        X