Ah first neuro appointment next week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah first neuro appointment next week!

Looks like my doctor was able to squeeze me in with a closer (thank goodness) neurologist than the one who had months upon months for a waiting list. Getting nervous but I cannot wait to get some answers whether good or bad I just want to know. Anything I should expect with this first appointment? My doctor's recently put me on high does steroids due to a suspected flare up so luckily that's being dealt with.

Sorry if I got to this too late.

I met my neuro in the hospital during a bad relapse that got me diagnosed, and he gave me tons of medication info to look at before our appointment.

At the first official neurologist appointment, he checked the symptoms that brought me in to the hospital in the first place to see if the steroids helped (they did!). He did a basic neuro exam (touching finger to nose, following his finger with my eyes, etc.) and we decided on a medication. It was straightforward and took around a half an hour, and he answered every last question I had.
    Diagnosed with RRMS on 3/15/2013...beware the ides of March!
    Rebif from 5/2013 - 09/2014.
    Gilenya since 11/2014.
    Also taking vitamin D3, fish oil, magnesium, and B12.
    EDSS 3.

Comment

Sorry if I got to this too late. I met my neuro in the hospital during a bad relapse that got me diagnosed, and he gave me tons of medication info to look at. At my first official neurologist appointment, he checked the symptoms that brought me in to the hospital in the first place to see if the steroids helped (they did!). He did a basic neuro exam (touching finger to nose, following his finger with my eyes, etc.) and we decided on a medication. It was straightforward and took around a half an hour. He also made sure to thoroughly answer all of my questions.
      Diagnosed with RRMS on 3/15/2013...beware the ides of March!
      Rebif from 5/2013 - 09/2014.
      Gilenya since 11/2014.
      Also taking vitamin D3, fish oil, magnesium, and B12.
      EDSS 3.

Comment

Working...
      X