Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Please

My name is Danielle, I am a 28 year old female diagnosed with ms in 2010. Upon the onset of symptoms I had been having, in June 2013 a new MRI was ordered and a new lesion on my neck was discovered. My neurologist put me on a steroid infusion. The infusion was done at the end of June. At this time I am still experiencing extreme fatigue, which is keeping me from working and spasticity in my right leg, shaking (spasams) happens mostly when I drive and at bedrime. The pain will sometimes be so extreme it will keep me from sleeping. My neurologist pescribed me Amantadine for my fatigue. I seem to be having an "adverse" reaction to that medication. It made me feel loopy, extremely light headed and kinda dizzy. It also made me fall asleep and it is suppose to give you energy.

Any ideas on things I can do to help with the fatigue and spasticity?

Also any opinions on Tecfidera vs. Avonex?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
    Danielle.

Originally posted by DanielleMc View Post
    My name is Danielle, I am a 28 year old female diagnosed with ms in 2010. Upon the onset of symptoms I had been having, in June 2013 a new MRI was ordered and a new lesion on my neck was discovered. My neurologist put me on a steroid infusion. The infusion was done at the end of June. At this time I am still experiencing extreme fatigue, which is keeping me from working and spasticity in my right leg, shaking (spasams) happens mostly when I drive and at bedrime. The pain will sometimes be so extreme it will keep me from sleeping. My neurologist pescribed me Amantadine for my fatigue. I seem to be having an "adverse" reaction to that medication. It made me feel loopy, extremely light headed and kinda dizzy. It also made me fall asleep and it is suppose to give you energy.

Any ideas on things I can do to help with the fatigue and spasticity?

Also any opinions on Tecfidera vs. Avonex?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
    Danielle.
    I am primary progressive, so I have no experience with Tec. I did take Avonex for a while quite a while ago, but I developed antibodies to it.

For your fatigue, have you tried Provigil? That is what I take, and I did not experience any side effects. As far as the spasticity , I use baclofen.

Best of luck to you!
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
    X