Daughter of an MS Patient

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daughter of an MS Patient

My name is Amanda. I am 17 years old and my mother has had MS for 4 years now. She still young, only 38. She has gone through alot, even before she found out she had MS. She was in an abusive relationship, and stayed for my brother and I. Sometimes i feel guilty, thinking maybe i caused this? maybe its my fault she stayed and ended up with MS... She comes home today, after finding out she has more "sores" on her neck and brain and spine, most are active which is causing some pain and discomfort. I love her dearly and I couldnt never imagine losing her to MS.

Bless your heart for being such a caring person, especially at your age. Your mom sounds like she's very special to you, i am so sorry that she is suffering so much.

There's no way in the world that you caused this, please stop feeling guilty. Your mom probably stayed in that abusive relationship to be sure that she tried every single possibility of making it work before dissolving it. As much as stress exacerbates MS, I've never heard anything that states it causes MS.

I can tell you from a Mom's perspective that I would be really proud of the compassionate, caring 17 year old that you are. The best thing you can do for both you and your Mom is to stop blaming yourself for things you had no control over... and make the most of things you do!

Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Working...
    X