Young with MS, Looking for others!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young with MS, Looking for others!

Hi there. I'm 24. Had MS since I was about 19. Just looking to talk to some friends my age with it. The only person I know with it is my mom, and she just doesnt get my struggles. Please reach out to me ! =)

Welcome!

I'm 27 and I was just diagnosed on Friday, but I've been living with the disease since I was 25 that I know of. I don't know anyone in real life who has MS, but I have found this board to be a huge help. It is nice to know that you're not alone and that there really is someone out there who has a pretty good idea of what you're going through.
    Diagnosed 1/4/13
    Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Comment

Hi, I'm also 27 years old, diagnosed in October, Istrl is right, this forum is really helpful in terms of both support and knowledge. I was feeling very lost and lonely before I joined here. I am single, my family do not understand ms, I have had a really difficult year in 2012, even excluding the ms diagnosis and I found people here that really cared. They have picked me up from my darkest thoughts, I am very grateful to them. I hope you find lots of support here too and I'm here if u need somebody to talk to :-)

Comment

Hi Michelle, we're roughly the same age (23 here) and I was also diagnosed around 19 also, though I can't remember the exact date because my brain is kinda like a siv these days lol. I'm always looking for new buddy's around my own age with MS which can be hard seeing as how most people with this disease are older. I'd be happy to chat here using the chat feature and possibly trade facebooks after getting to know eachother a bit better. Just let me know a time that would be good for you and I'd be happy to meet ya there! I'll be checking back for your response

~Elly
        I choose to live and to grow, take and give and to move, learn and love and to cry, kill and die and to be paranoid and to lie, hate and fear and to do what it takes to move through.

Comment

Oh and totally forgot to add, there's a bi-weekly young adults chat on this sites chat room that's hosted every 2nd and 4th thursday of the month (so there's one tommorrow ) it goes from 7pm - 9pm EST. That's a good starting point for meeting like minded people your own age around here. Good luck and hope to see you there!

~Elly~
          I choose to live and to grow, take and give and to move, learn and love and to cry, kill and die and to be paranoid and to lie, hate and fear and to do what it takes to move through.

Comment

aw yay!

thank you guys so much for replying! lstrl i am so sorry you recently got diagnosed. you actually got diagnosed on my birthday! =( that is terrible! i have a support page on facebook i made so its easier to chat with people (its not too easy to chat with others on here) if you guys want to "like" it. facebook.com/ilovesomeonewithms . i heard about the chat for young adults tomorrow, i will def be on there! im glad this site has been easy to find others to interact with =)

Comment

Haha I completely forgot about the chat tonight until like 2 oclock this morning. I liked your facebook page though .

~Elly~

Comment

haha

its okay, I forgot about it too. I guess they shouldnt expect people with MS to remember times ahaha

Comment

Haha... But seriously, I'm looking for friends too!

Originally posted by micheller1489 View Post
                  its okay, I forgot about it too. I guess they shouldnt expect people with MS to remember times ahaha
                  My goodness gracious! This made me laugh so hard and I felt compelled to join in on this thread for friends and understanding!

I'm 26 and was diagnosed when I was 23. In retrospect, I did have symptoms for a few years but never thought anything of it, until my "clinical" symptom of optic neuritis. Hindsight truly is 20/20!

Anyway, it took me 3 years and a lot of pain before I decided to finally joint this site. I heard about it from MS nurses and also my local MS chapter, but I don't know... I guess I was just scared... And that fear led me into a downward spiral that I am slowly climbing out of, thanks in part to this website.

I'm from PA but I live in Europe now... Friends in any country who can relate to me are much appreciated!!! =)
                  Diagnosed 4/10; Copaxone 10/10 - 8/13
                  You win some and you lose some, but that is how you learn. -ALB

Comment

Hi all!

I'll be 26 in April, I was officially diagnosed last September but I was having symptoms for about a year before that. I consider myself lucky in that my symptoms are mild and for the most part do not interfere with my work/life other than they're an annoyance to me. I'm also glad I didn't get stuck in limboland as so many do because I remember how frustrated I was for that year without an answer, I couldn't imagine being stuck there for longer...

I'm definitely interested in getting to know people my age (and others) with MS.

I will try to join in on some of the young adult chats and look forward to getting to know all of you

Mary

Comment

Hello! I'm 24, have been diagnosed since 16. Except for when I get my Tysabri infusions and talking on here, I don't know anyone else with MS either. It's very frustrating! I will make sure to add your page on facebook.
                      Where are you from?

Comment

MS Chats

When exactly are the online chats held?
                        Diagnosed 4/10; Copaxone 10/10 - 8/13
                        You win some and you lose some, but that is how you learn. -ALB

Comment

Working...
                        X