Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chronic UTIs, anybody ever have this situation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heres a few tips I do, I used to have crinic uti's now I have maybe 2-3 a year.I became obbsessed with stopping them and you will be able to see by my daily regimin of uti prevention lol

1.A teaspoon of baking soda in water everyday will help nutralize the acicidy in your urine and help prevent the uti from forming

2. Unsweetened cranberry juice as often as I can drink it and fresh blue berries since their from the same plant family as cranberrys. Lots of water between the cranberry juice to

3.Lots of vitamin c

4.Go to the bathroom as soon as I have to go, never hold it. Always go PP after sex to.

5.2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar a day, can use regular vinegar but I can't swallow it unless it's apple cider vinegar.

6.Avoid the bathtub, take a shower instead and wear cotten underwear.

7. Goldenseal herbal tablet 2 pills twice a day for a week then stop for 2 weeks then another week of the same dose then off for 2 weeks....... been doing that for over a year and that has made the biggest differance along with what I'm gonna post as #8. It dose work for me but I suggest everyone look it up themselves

8. At the first sign isert a clove or two of garlic into vagina. Leave overnight, do for 3 nights straight. I suggest nights because your vagina somehow has a connection to your mouth and you can taste it. I know it sounds gross but it really works. It may burn for the first 10 mins or so but is worth the pain.

Comment

Two simple things to think about/consider that have helped with UTIs as well as yeast/bacterial infections:

1) Try changing your brand of toilet paper. (I happen to use Angel Soft.)

2) Do not use fabric softener with your undies. I pull mine out of the wash and hang them to dry. (Even though I have used the same fabric softener for many years, I didn't start becoming "sensitive" to it until a few years ago.)

Comment

FYI

Chronic bladder infections have recently been linked to chicken consumption.

Comment

me too

I get UTI's almost constantly too, for me though I'm out of luck with prescription meds because of allergies. It's easier to name the drugs I'm not allergic to than all the ones I am. So for me I have to look to other alternatives, not saying they will work for you but it's what works for me. I eat yogurt everyday with live cultures, I take probiotics, and what seems to make the most difference is a natural med called Yaeyama Chlorella (200 mg tabs-I take 10 a day 1/2 am 1/2 pm). They were recommended by a natruopath at a health food store that I trust and has been a life saver for me. When I don't take them UTI if I take them all the time no UTI. Like I said, I don't know if it'll help, but it works for me. Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Grover2009 View Post
            I get UTI's almost constantly too, for me though I'm out of luck with prescription meds because of allergies. It's easier to name the drugs I'm not allergic to than all the ones I am. So for me I have to look to other alternatives, not saying they will work for you but it's what works for me. I eat yogurt everyday with live cultures, I take probiotics, and what seems to make the most difference is a natural med called Yaeyama Chlorella (200 mg tabs-I take 10 a day 1/2 am 1/2 pm). They were recommended by a natruopath at a health food store that I trust and has been a life saver for me. When I don't take them UTI if I take them all the time no UTI. Like I said, I don't know if it'll help, but it works for me. Good Luck!
            Sounds like me...I'm allergic to most that fight UTIs, maybe because I have used them so much. But there are still a good number of orals I can take.

My latest issue (and I think a couple other posters mentioned this) is that more resistent bacteria have been showing up in the culture. I read about them and they seem like hospital acquired infections, yet I haven't been in the hospital.

Last one I had cultured was Pseudomonas (before that Proteus mirabellis)...I think Blue Giraffe and somebody else posted awhile back they had had Pseudomonas culture off a specimen. Technically it's supposed to be hospital acquired, and really hard to treat because it's resistent to so many antibiotics.

I'll look up your suggested supplement, glad it's helping you. Lately I've added stronger probiotics (as was suggested...I got the kind you have to refrigerate) and the urologist put me on Flomax and doesn't want me to cath except when absolutely necessary, i.e. when I can't pee at all. My urologist has been out on sick leave the last couple months, so this was a urologist that came in one day to see her patients with chronic issues (he practices at the local university health center.) He is convinced if we (self cathers) didn't have to cath so much we'd have fewer UTIs.

Catch 22 because I told him the only reason I cath is because I was having frequent UTIs before I started cathing and the urologist said that retention was what was causing the UTIs, and now he says I'm having frequent UTIs because I do cath.

Darned if we do, darned if we don't

Comment

Working...
            X