Covering Young Adults Through Their Parents' or Guardians' Health Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covering Young Adults Through Their Parents' or Guardians' Health Policy

I was in CHAT tonight and a young lady was worried about looseing her insurance coverage when she turned 19. Here is a link that will explane how the new Health Care Act can help young adults till age 26.

http://www.ncsl.org/issues-research/...mentation.aspx

Thanks dusters. I am more nervous about when I can no longer be on parents' health... I will be 26 here in a few months, and not really sure what I am going to do then

Comment

st

Your Welcome Joe, I'm not sure if you saw the information at the bottom of the page, it gives a list of the laws by state, some states have passed legislation that will help some people stay with their parent’s policies after the age 26 federal guideline. So take a look at your states statutes you might be in luck.

Comment

Joe,
        You can COBRA for 18 months after you turn 26. It's expensive, but it's probably easier than finding a new health policy.

I really wish the MS Society would run articles on financial planning when you were diagnosed before reaching financial stability...

Comment

Originally posted by heliotrope View Post
          I really wish the MS Society would run articles on financial planning when you were diagnosed before reaching financial stability...
          I completely agree! Thank you very much, I had no idea that COBRA even existed

Comment

Working...
          X