Copaxone and Menstrual Cycles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copaxone and Menstrual Cycles

Dx one year ago with MS (CIS/RRMS), I began with Copaxone on 3/31/12. Prior to this, I had been fairly regular with my periods occurring within a few days each month as expected.

In March, I had a regular period. In April after starting Copaxone, I had no period. In May, I had about 5 days of spotting followed a week later by a regular period that lasted longer than normal (8 days instead of the usual 5). From May 25 through now in July, I have had no period. Has anyone else of a similar age experienced this?

I haven't noticed any other symptoms of peri- or premenopause. Two years ago, I did have problems with excessive bleeding that was due to a thickening of the uterine wall. It was successfully resolved with a D&C.

At this point, I'm really confused as to whether this is the start of menopause without all of the other symptoms that most women report, if it is related to the Copaxone, or if it is something I should be concerned about.

periods

I never had that problem on copaxone, but I was only on it for about 2 months. I am currently having period issues (every two weeks) since I stopped taking my DMD's. I am on a washout period from Betaseron to start tysabri.

I did read that irregular periods can be a side effect on Copaxone.
    RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Comment

Working...
    X