Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

having so much trouble

Im a 29f, dxed in 2009.

I was an alcoholic, my family is dysfunctional, my mother is now a recovering alcoholic, at the time of dx she had been admitted to the hospital for the DTs..a year later she went to rehab. My father still drinks. My fiance at the time and I were codependant and enabled each other to drink heavily. MS was my wake up call.

I started my treatments in 2009 after my 3rd flare up occured, I remembered my first one being a couple years earlier but had been drinking heavily that night, in hindsight I probably had my first exacerbation in 2006.

I started treatment in 2009 and about 6months later lost my home. My fiance and I moved out and I finally agreed to start on an antidepressant. I eventually left him and moved back home.

My mother was fresh out of recovery and it was not a good place for us to be together, I needed to get out and was still drinking but shooting up too at that point. I live in Ca where it is very expensive and I have no college education but work with my family in our family business which is great because they help with my medical bills. But it also leaves me stuck there.

All my life has been plagued by emotional issues and problems in school with ourbursts and fighting. I was bullied all throughout school and then at home by my 2 almost decade older brothers. I have had relationships but nothing of any value. I managed to hang onto some jobs but nothing that would move me up to where I needed to be to survive.

After I moved home for a short period of time I reacquainted with an old crush and we hit it off amazingly. We both discovered goals and dreams together. I guess now in hindsight I was again foolish in my decisions but I decided to move out with him. After 2 years we talked about having children so we went to my neurologist and decided to get off the medication. I quit smoking and drinking and started weening off the medications. I have been sober and without cigarettes and medications for nearly 6 months now. Too bad he wouldnt stick around. It all got too much for him. Or he was really just an ******* its hard to say. The psycosis and withdrawals have been very intense for me.

In these past 6 months much much growth has occured for me spiritually, emotionally and phyiscally. I am healthier and living cleaner than I have ever been minus the MS itself. I have been GFCF for a year and eat very healthy organic and as balanced as I possibly can. The stresses are unreal though. I eat real foods 99.9% of the time. Its my obsession.

I have been seeing dietician, wellness doctor, and a chiropractor all of which are giving me contradictory information as my medical doctor. Today I am back home, depressed as hell, off all my medications and trying to heal this thing holistically and thru vitamin supplementation. I have read studies and books online that MS can be healed yet not cured.

Today I dying not only from heartache but from stress because I am broke, still dependant on my parents, single, and depressed as hell. Is there possibly anyone out there who can relate in the slightest? Is anyone trying to heal MS hollistcally and thru faith? Please someone help me. I am getting desperate, I dont want to get back on treatment.

Has anyone tried to heal this dis-ease? Has anyone tried these alternative treatments with any success? I will admit I dont think theyd be posting here if they had. :/

Please someone help. I dont want to be a drain on society if there is a way around this. I know I am hurting from heart ache but the human body is miraculous, why should be born into this life as victims?

I sooo feel for you! You have so much on your plate. -

National suicide prevention hotline is 1-800-273-8255. Someone is there 24/7 if you need.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Medications

Hello. I feel for you and I am very proud of you for being drug/alcohol free and taking better care of yourself.

Regarding your question, I have known people that do not take medication. The medication is made to help slow progression of the disease. There is no cure. I take medication because my disease is very fast progressing and I needed to take care of myself and try to make my life as pleasurable as possible without progressing at the rate I would without it.

Have you looked into maybe getting government assistance on your medications/insurance, etc. Or even moving away from California if it is too expensive? If you are living with negative influences, you are more likely to relapse in two ways. Stress is really bad for people with MS. Also, when you are that depressed, you are more likely to self medicate with drugs and alcohol.

If you are feeling the way you are feeling, I really think a therapist would help you tremendously. That doesn't make you a bad person, it is just you talking to a non-biased person about issues and helping you work through your past and present.

Please take care of yourself and use the suicide hotline number listed in the post above mine if needed. We are all here to talk to also, but not as immediate as the phone number. Good luck and check in.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **
      RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Comment

HANG IN THERE!

lammycat, i am so sorry that you have had such hard times!

it's great that you are taking such good care of yourself. i wish i knew a magic plan for us to be well.

try to look for the positives in your life. sometimes that is very hard, but if you look close enough you'll find something to be thankful for.
        i'm so glad you're here at MSWorld!
        there's definitely some of the kindest, loving, encouraging people on this board.
        so stay with us and let us know how you are doing.

like hunterd said, there's a hotline with professionals who are very nice and would love to talk to you and help you through your desperate feelings. please, please call them if you have the slightest thought of killing yourself.

i'll be praying that soon you feel better about yourself.

take care and may God bless you richly, especially through these rough times.
        "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Therapy

I have been seeing a therapist, I dont know what I am supposed to be getting from him tho. He has made some good points but it boils down to my me and my fears..Im scared to move out of Ca because I am afraid I wont be able to keep a job. Im paranoid I will fail. I work with family and they pay me very well and hold me to little responsibility I feel. Its always been that way. All of my family except my recovering mother are alcoholics. My two brothers still drink but not like they used to. We are all in this little dysfunction juntion and I am the only girl, the baby and I am just scared. I shed a lifestyle and that was difficult, I am having trouble moving forward. I miss my old lifestyle. I miss my boyfriend.

I have been obsessing searching for help outside my therapy, I am seeing a chiropractor and occasionally a nutritionist and nothing I try seems to make things any easier. Maybe I am just impatient. Its only been 6 months almost completely sober. I am tempted to say eff this diet I am on because it causes me stress and it aided in ruining a relationship with my boyfriend, plus I am soo skinny. I feel like a failure in every aspect of my life and dont know where to turn. I am losing weight and even moreso because I working out taking care of my body. I look damn good!! Too bad I feel so horrible! And cant gain weight!

I have tons on my plate and everywhere I turn theres another serving of problems. I am scared to get back on treatment because of all the side effects I experianced the last time around. Whats the point of getting clean and sober if I am putting more foreign substances in my body?
          I have faith in God but feel getting involved in the church right now is only going to mind eff me even more. I pray, I do my best, I am beautiful, I still try everyday and I just dont feel like I can catch a break in this life. I have been in duress for a solid 5 years now. Its getting ridiculous. I cant imagine committing suicide as I do have people that love me but I cant find anyone to talk to. These boards dont help much and MS support groups in Orange County meet once a month and I have only found one. There is no support here for the sick.

My chiropractor is insisting theres more too disease then us just being a victim, another mind eff. Watch for Medical Inc. coming out this Sept. It will put things into a different perspective for you. It makes me definitely not want to get back on treatment but then I wonder if this guy is playing me for a monthly fee? Im running out of money and already filed a BK.

I was told its vaccines that cause these diseases and here I am trying to fight this thing naked and alone. I am so tired and so sad. I want to just disappear.

Comment

I'm sorry you are going through this alone and hope you seek out support from a 12 step program. I believe they will have answers to some of the questions you posed here and also be able to offer guidance.

Six months sober is incredible, kudos, but also a very short time. Wishing you the best.
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

I am so sorry that you're going through everything you are. I have read your posts and you say that you just want to disappear. You indicate that you feel like you're weak and a loser. But when I read them I saw an amazing, strong woman that has already been able to overcome huge obstacles in your life.

Multiple sclerosis is such an unpredictable, devastating disease and just when you think it has taken everything you have, it takes something else. But if I've learned one thing over the 20 years since I've been diagnosed is that the more I've lost physically, the more I've gained spiritually and emotionally.

I ended up in a wheelchair just a year after I was diagnosed and through the years have progressed to just recently losing the use of my hands. You throw in a brain tumor and cancer, and I assure you that I had days that I didn't think I could go on. But somehow you do and one day you realize that everything you've gone through didn't break you, but actually made you a better person.

And by everything you've told us you are already an incredibly strong person. You may not think that right now, but just the fact that you've been sober for six months shows how strong you are.

And remember one thing, God never gives us more than we can handle.

Comment

Working...
              X