Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here I

Hi! I'm Amanda I'm new here. I'm 24 snd have a son named
    nation who is almost 2. I was diagnosed with MS on Thursday. After I just helped my Girlfriend move from Houston to Indiana. My gf and I have been friends for about 6 years and have dated briefly in the past. Se messed with my head even quite a few times. But I loved her for so long and she's loved me now for the last 2 years. I tried to make it work with my sons father (which was just a sexual relationship for me) I never seemed to develop any romantic/ emotional connections to him.

After not
    Talking for almost a year and a half my gf Vicci and I started speaking again on Facebook she had a gf a 2 bedroom apartment in a wonderful area 2 cats and her dog. Finally around Christmas time last year we decided even though at this point it was all long distance, I was in Indianapolis she is in Houston that we wanted to be together. We decided to wait until after the holidays to break the news. She moved out after informing her gf. I came to visit her. She basically went broke for me (she only receives disability income ecause she was in a horrible car accident and her throat was crushed set now wears a trach and cannot speak above a whisper) finally after 3 months apart I went up ther June 15th an spent a week there with her and we moved her here to Indiana with me. Big step for her. We've talked about having kids getting married. This woman is my SOUL MATE. I love her so incredibly much.

Now I've always been a very emotional person. Very sensitive easily hurt, easily cry, that type of stuff. She knows this as we've been beat friends for yeas. But lately I have awful mood swings that upset her. I get mad easily, or I feel like she doesn't want me (which I'm sure is all on my head because I've always been that way) or anything can set me off and make me upset. She blames
    My ms for most of it and so do I. Right now she is being super supportive and loving ad helpful but I feel she will spoon tire of dealing with the hardships of this disease. I can't imagine my life without her. We made a future before the disease became an issue and before my dx. My sons dad is also causing issues by withholding my son but that's another story for another day.

How do you all deal with hardships in your relationships related to MS? I also feel like a majority of the time she thinks I'm beig "lazy" she doesn't exactly SAY it but jokes about it and I barely helped at all during the move as I was developing new symptoms at tr time. I'm not LAZY as you all know I'm exhausted no matter how much I sleep. And standing sometimes I get dizzy have vision issues bad headaches you name it. I'm laying down at aT LEAST once a day. I'm scared ms is going to ruin the best thing besides my son to ever happen to me

I can understand.....

I am also in a relationship with someone who is disabled. You two should sit down and just simply decide - who is going to, wants to, and can take care of each of you. Imperative!!! We have to take care of each other - even when we are down - Some days we are in bed ALL DAY together - which ever one can get up and fetch things - does so LOL it's quite a site around here some days - but WE talk about it constantly - how do we each feel - is this your good or bad day or is it mine? My partner is bi-polar, post-traumatic stress, Borderline personality - ect. When she has a bad day - sometimes I just have to let my troubles go - clear my mind - and focus totally on her - she does the same - she treats me like a queen - opens my doors - holds my hand on the stairs, puts me in and out of the car, takes me to all of my Dr. Appts. - we flow in and out together - BUT its a commitment that most couples cannot make - do talk to each other - make communication a priority - even if you have to each be so blunt as to plan a time every morning to tell each other "how am I feeling today?" Give each other a heads up on how the day will go. Most of all, when things get to tough - drop everything and hold each other for a few minutes and know that you WILL get through. Pardon the rambling , but I hope this helps - good luck to you and your partner.

April

Comment

Lesbian, gay or "breeder"...MS makes it hard for ANY0NE to be in a relationship. I agree with the poster, who proclaimed that COMMUNICATION is so very important. If you think you need "couples counseling" please GET IT. It sounds like you both WANT to be together. So make the time and effort to BE together aka=work things out. Good luck to you
      Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

bad news

*sigh* she left. She couldnt handle the stress of the outer factors i guess. I feel like this was all a lie. She said she was going to leave and when i moved to houston which i plan to do that we would be together again. Since arriving back in Houston she has barely spoke to me long enough to say she didnt want "this" but she loves me....and that she would still help me find an apartment. When I texted her and asked her to reconsider and told her how much i Love her and need her she just said that if I act crazy she wont help me. She is so cold. She recently went two days without saying a word to me and this morning she mentioned something about one of our well now her cats and i didnt even respond. I thought she was my soul mate and I am devestated beyond words.

Comment

Working...
        X