Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm new

What's up party people?
    I just joined this site cuz my MS is changing & I'm having a hard time dealing with it, nobody really to talk to... My name's Beene, I'm 29, bisexual/genderqueer, from Orange County California...

Not really sure what to say... feet are tingly, two new lesions, L'Hermittes, steroids... one more infusion tonight & then I get to bask in the Solu-Medrol glow for a week feeling like a basket case till I find out if maybe the tingles will go away... gotta say I never understood how freaky it would be to walk around with tingly feet till this week. Wondering what course my MS is going to take from here on out.

Just kinda would like someone to talk to... friends try to be supportive but I don't think they know how...

Anyway, hope all's well with you out there.

I have trouble accepting as well....

I am 36 and I was DX'd in 2006. I had no symptoms until 2010. I guess I just thought I didn't have a disease because when the relapse hit - it knocked me for a loop!! I am just beginning to learn acceptance for the things that are not functioning correctly and for the fact that I have a disease. I am also working on not letting it consume me - I'de be glad to talk -my contact is available on my profile.

April

Comment

Hi Beene, nice to meet you but sorry it has to be here. You will find lots of support and great, practical and medical info here so you've come to the right place. It is very hard for even the most caring friends and relatives to understand this freaky disease so we all get your predicament.

How long have you had MS? Are you on any DMDs? Gotta love Solutionmedrol, how many days have you been awake from them?

By the way, I'm 47 but you made me feel young with your "party people" intro! Oh, how I wish!!

Jen
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

late reply :P

Thanks for the warm welcome you guys.

April - Such a trip to read about your MS taking a break till 2010 like that... How has this relapse affected you, symptom-wise?

I am also working on not letting it consume me

I hear that!!! I'm sorry you're going through this. This is the hardest thing for me right now... seems like it's all I can think about. Everybody's MS is different, but it sounds like we're kind of on a similar path... I'd love to talk. Thank you for your kindness and support.

Hmm, I just checked out your profile & I'm not sure where to get your contact info... I added you to my contacts, if that's what you meant...? Sorry, new to the site so I'm still getting used to it...

Cat Mom - Hey there, nice to meet you too. Hehehe everybody's party people, it's non-exclusive!
        I've had MS for... it'll be 10 yrs, this October -- diagnosed in 2002, at the age of 19. I was on Avonex, then switched to Copaxone, went through three years of denial during which I took nothing (*ahem*) and then got back on Avonex... and started having more frequent flare-ups. :S Was back on the Avonex for 9 months & had a flare at the beginning of treatment, and then this one that started about a month and a half ago. Neuro's now thinking Avonex isn't cutting it, and is intolerable with the spikes of my depression, and is suggesting Extavia (which I understand is the same as Betaseron) or Tysabri... weighing both options currently...

xD LOL I think I've found the right place -- I've been awake for a couple weeks due to the Roids... well, I've slept thanks to some Ativan & Benadryl, but now I'm tapering off of the Ativan & the insomnia/anxiety/etc. is hitting me like a piano... I'm curious, when you've had Solu-Medrol, have you had the experience where everything looks greener for a few hours? Like, lights have a green tint to them, everything sorta has tracers... wondering if that's just me, so far I've never met anybody else who gets the green vision...

What's your story, Jen? When were you diagnosed? How's your MS journey been?

Take care all.

- Sara

Comment

Working...
        X