Comfortable clothes that look good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comfortable clothes that look good

I like to wear elastic or stretchy waist pants, but it seems like a lot of these are not very stylish, I need something easy to get on and off. Does anyone know of a good place to find these? i've checked out some catalogs for the disabled but a lot of the syles are for older adults or else they're very expensive. I'm not young (59) but I want to be a little fashionable.

Age has nothing to do with determining one's right to be fashionable

This may sound crazy... but have you checked into maternity pants? Target has a great line. I could be way off, but it was just a thought

Happy shopping!

Comment

I like to use Blair --
      I too like elastic pants as they are easy to get off and on esp with one hand at a time pulling up the pants I get one size bigger as I am in a W/C and can stand and transfer only

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details

Comment

Maternity pants sounds like a good idea for this issue! I remember being a bit bummed after I had my babe and shrunk enough that my maternity pants didn't fit anymore. I'm pretty thin but I could still wear them for quite a while. Very comfy! They have such cute maternity clothes now. They're not all big baggy and yuck. I think I dressed better prego than I normally do.

Comment

I recommend Blair. The pants are the best fitting that I found and a good selection. Look at their website.

Comment

Surprisingly, some of the juniors jeans are stretchy with a wide waist. I find that I can pull them on or off without even unzipping or unbuttoning. I got them as hand me downs from my daughter who grew out of them. The only down side is that the waist can be kind of low.
            Katherine

Comment

Yoga style pants go on & off easily, are comfortable, have no zipper to fuss with & don't have the bunchy look that regular elastic waist pants have.

I've found them at Old Navy & last summer there were nice shorts with that kind of waist at Penny's. I'm 59 & thin but have kind of a large tummy. The wide waistband is slimming & it's nice to not have to wear "old lady" clothes. Maybe you could look on-line for some through Amazon or department store web sites.

Comment

Old Navy has the most wonderful yoga pants...They give your tush a little lift and they are very comfortable and they are less than 20 bucks!

When i inject in my hips i use the extra fabric on the waistband to put an ice pack in for a few minutes You can dress them up or dress them down

Comment

I don't know if this store is where you live but here in canada there is a store called Reitman's that sells a style of jeans called comfort fit jeans. They also have have comfort fit dress pants and skirts and shorts. They don't have buttons or zippers.

They look exactly like regular jeans/pants and the waist band is not an elastic band, or doesn't looks like one anyways. Over the past year or so I have started to see this style of pants in stores like walmart as well, but the ones at reitmans just seem to a little nicer, they cost about 40.00 dollars at reitmans and about 25 at walmart. They also carry them at Additionelle . I highly recommend them

Comment

comfort pants

Thanks for all the great ideas. I'm excited to check them out. I hadn't thought about maternity pants but they make since. It's so nice to get ideas from others who really understand our problems.

Comment

Blair has some really nice looking petite pants. One thing I really like about some of what I looked, is a pocket in them.

I really like being able to put a cell or small cordless in my pocket.
                      I no longer like a tight jean

Comment

I have had a lot of luck with....

I'm a big girl. I wear plus sizes. So, I order alot of things from Women Within. I think it used to be Lane Bryant, I could be wrong. They have a lot of things that reasonably priced. Not all their things are cotton, but they do make cute capri pants that are all cotton. I always check retailmenot.com for discounts and coupons in their catalogs. Try it and see online.

Comment

JJill for me....

My sister and I live in JJill clothes.
                          They have lots of different styles/fabrics with elastic waists.
                          Everything is wash and wear and most styles can b dressed up or down.

Not inexpensive, but they last forever! Good luck finding something that works for you!
                          Dx 3/4/12. Tec X 2 as of 7/7/13
                          Weebles wobble and occasionally they DO fall down!

Comment

I like Land's End. The clothes are comfy and are sturdy. I shop the clearance link online. Lately, I have been shopping at Kohl's and Target, both at the stores and online.

A few maxi dresses were a good add to my wardrobe. Cotton, easy to wash and wear. Comfy, and came in bright colors and patterns.

I bought yoga capris at Target and they are cute, easy to get on and off. The workout style ones are a good stretchy fabric that keeps its shape. The cotton, casual wear ones have wider legs and are looser. I wear these around the house, to bed, running errands.

I bought a bunch of t shirts at Kohl's that are comfy fabric with graphic patterns, floral, glitter, beaded, etc. If I have to wear t shirts, they at least can be cute.
                            Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

I am a huge fan of Juicy Couture sweatpants/suits. They're also decently priced at the outlet stores.

Fashionable AND comfortable! #suchawin
                              Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
                              UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

Working...
                              X