Horrible MS'y PMS...ugh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horrible MS'y PMS...ugh!

My symptoms are awful the week before my period - everywhere I typically have MS "feelings", goes into overdrive.

For example, during a typical month - everything below my waist is hyper-sensitive and tingly, but my meds keep it at a mutter instead of a roar, and I have transient numbish patches on my face that come and go.

During PMS week, every area I mentioned hurts far worse - and sometimes I get TN stabs/jabs too...I also stumble more, substitute words more, etc. The day my period starts, or the day after I'm feeling my usual "normal" again.

I think it's very odd -- I thought about taking Birth Control pills where you only have 4 periods a year, but I can't take estrogen pills as they give me insane migraines.
    RRMS 2011, Copaxone 2011-2013, Tecfidera 2013-current

All I can say to that is SUCK! I am so sorry. I do the 4 times a year and have for a long time, pre-MS. If I could not, ick! I have always had the worse PMS and period symptoms. Used to miss school in middle school because of cramps!! I am thinking about you because this is just plain unfair

Comment

I am dealing with Menopause and this so called MS. I am having more problems with Menopause than MS. Menopausal muscles tension, tightness. I am sure the menopausal crap flares up the MS.. I guess.

I have been trying to find the right combo of meds to help with my tightness, stiff and muscle tension.. so far found nothing to help. Well, I do take a small dose of Ativan 1/2 .5mg 2x a day sometimes 3x a day...which does not help a lot.. it helps a wee bit but when my hormones are all over the place a week or two before cycle time and when I am on my cycle.. it does not help at all.. even a whole .5 doesn't help.

So tired of this tight body. I tried Neurontin.. seem to make me tighter.. did nothing for the stiffness, tried Baclofen...wasn't for me...thinking of trying Zanaflex... but I dunno.

Jay

Comment

Working...
      X